It’s officially below 30 degrees here in Chicago and I’m starting to think summer was only 5 minutes long. anyone else? If you’re like me breaking out the hats, gloves and parkas, sending you all the cozy vibes and of course my very best Healthy slow cooker recipes to make all season long.
There really is nothing better than coming home on a cold day with a warming soup or chilli. OR melt some gooey cheese onto a healthier turkey sloppy joe (omg so good). The best part about these slow cooker recipes is that you can throw anything in your slow cooker (love that brand!) and literally make it easy.
Why we LOVE slow cooker dishes
What’s not to love about crockpot meals? These recipes are:
- Easy to do. Most slow cooker recipes only require chopping up veggies, maybe searing meat, and tossing it all in your pot to do all the work. Most of these recipes make the perfect freezer meals too!
- Extra spicy. Since these dishes, as the name suggests, cook slowly, the ingredients have a chance to become perfectly tender and produce a delicious flavor. Spices and herbs are a must!
- Clean up quickly. You no longer have to clean tons of pots and pans when you let your slow cooker do all the work. See you dishes!
Tips for preparing recipes in your slow cooker
Most of the recipes below come with instructions for making them in your slow cooker or crockpot, but if they don’t, I have a few simple tips for converting stovetop recipes into slow cooker meals!
- Timed coordination. The vast majority of my slow cooker recipes can be cooked on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 7-8 hours.
- liquid ratio. As a general rule of thumb, I would recommend reducing the liquid by about 1 cup when converting a stovetop recipe to a slow cooker recipe. Cooking in a slow cooker naturally creates more moisture and liquid.
- cooking chicken. Yes, you can put raw meat straight into your slow cooker to cook! If you are making a recipe with chicken, you can cook the chicken breasts or thighs whole in your slow cooker with the remaining ingredients. Once fully cooked, you can remove, shred and return to the slow cooker to simmer.
- Prepare ground beef or beef. If you’re cooking with beef or ground beef, I would recommend browning the meat in a skillet before adding it to your slow cooker with your ingredients.
- Add vegetables and pasta. Stir in soft vegetables like peas or spinach at the very end of cooking. The same goes for any pasta or noodles (although you can cook those separately, too).
Scroll through and pick your favorites for the week! I would suggest my famous turkey chili to start. Be sure to use the hashtag #ambitiouskitchen when sharing on Instagram or post a photo to our Facebook group.
Healing Curry Butternut Squash Lentil Soup (with slow cooker option!)
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Peanut Butter Chicken Soup
Creamy tomato and orzo soup with mini turkey meatballs
Soothing and Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
Lightened Slow Cooker Chicken Wild Rice Soup
Slow Cooker Black Bean, Quinoa & Chicken Tortilla Soup
Slow cooker taco lentil soup
Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
Vegan White Bean Soup with Roasted Butternut Squash
Golden Turmeric Chickpea Chicken Soup
Quick and easy black bean soup
Golden Coconut Chicken Lentil Soup
Healthy Chicken Pot Pie Soup (30 Whole, Dairy Free)
The best minestrone soup
Butternut Squash Chili Chicken Soup
Stews & Curries
Slow Cooker White Wine Chicken Stew
Mom’s Slow Cooker Beef Stew
Slow Cooker Yellow Chicken Curry
Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala
Vegan Slow Cooker Tofu Tikka Masala
Healing Lemongrass Chickpea Thai Green Curry with Toasted Coconut Brown Rice
Sweet potato and lentil stew with coconut curry
Moroccan stew with butternut squash, chickpeas and lentils
Vegetarian tofu cashew coconut curry
Nourishing yellow chickpea squash curry with brown coconut rice
Healthy White Chicken Chili
The best vegetarian chili recipe
Slow Cooker Black Bean Quinoa Pumpkin Chicken Chili
Slow Cooker Black Beans Pumpkin Turkey Chili
Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Chili Verde
The Best Healthy Turkey Chili
Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Chicken Chickpea Chili
Black Beans, Sweet Potato & Quinoa Chili with Smoked Chipotle
Lentils & Quinoa Chili
Two beans and corn chipotle turkey chili
Incredible slow cooker pulled chicken sandwiches
How to make the best slow cooker chicken breasts
Slow cooker turkey tacos
30 Minute Healthier Turkey Sloppy Joes with Homemade Sauce
Slow Cooker Thai Peanut Chicken with Sticky Coconut Purple Rice
Apps, snacks & side dishes
Homemade baked beans from the slow cooker
Slow Cooker Sweet & Spicy BBQ Cranberry Turkey Meatballs
The Best Creamy Garlic Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
Homemade Slow Cooker Apple Butter (No Added Sugar!)
Lightened Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Brown Butter (with a slow cooker option!)
I hope you love these delicious, healthy slow cooker recipes! If you make some, be sure to leave a comment and rating on the recipe so I know how you liked it. Have fun, xo!