do mine 7 layer taco dip as the perfect aperitif dip for your next party or event. This loaded dip is ideal served with fries, tortillas, crackers, or even fresh veggies for dipping.
For the best seven layer dip, I highly recommend making your own easy guacamole and pico de gallo!
Table of contents
I love this 7-layer taco dip, especially when it includes my homemade guacamole recipe. Packed with delicious flavor, this easy dip is perfect for serving to guests.
- TASTE GOOD: This is a loaded dip that packs tons of flavor. Rich, cheesy, flavorful, salty, it’s too good to miss.
- TEXTURE: This 7-layer taco dip is creamy and smooth with delicious layers.
- TIME: This recipe takes 20 minutes.
- EASE: This dip is so easy to make. You can whip it up with just a handful of everyday ingredients and a few simple steps.
what you will need
Notes on ingredients
- Refreshed Beans– Canned or homemade is fine.
- taco seasoning This ingredient gives the dip a slightly spicy taste.
- Pico de Gallo or salsa– You can use store-bought or homemade pico de gallo or Mexican salsa with roasted corn.
- guacamole– Love this with my homemade guacamole for a creamy fresh element.
- Shredded Mild Cheddar– Pre-shredded or shredded from a block of cheese.
Add-Ins and Substitutions
- Replace avocado – Instead of guacamole, you can chop avocado and sprinkle on top.
- add meat- Add some ground beef or shredded chicken or pork as a layer of this dip.
- Skip the beans- If you don’t like beans, you can omit them or substitute them with meat.
- add vegetables- Sprinkle chopped onions, fresh tomatoes, cilantro or jalapenos on top.
How to make a 7 layer taco dip
- Do the next layer. In a separate bowl, using an electric hand mixer, mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, and taco seasoning.
- mount. To assemble the 7-layer taco dip, use a 9×13 deep bowl or a deep trifle glass bowl. Begin spreading each layer, starting with the refried beans, sour cream mixture, guacamole, pico de gallo, grated cheddar, and a handful of sliced olives. I like to garnish mine with spring onions or chopped cilantro. Cover and serve chilled.
Pro Tip: For a unique serving idea, you can serve this dip in individual molds. This is great for a party.
- Keep the cream cheese at room temperature If the cream cheese is soft, it will mix better.
- Mix cream cheese well You don’t want any lumps in your dip, so make sure to mix it thoroughly.
- Keep the layers separate- Keep them separate until ready to assemble. Then carefully layer the bean and cream cheese mixture, then the rest.
frequently asked Questions
A traditional 7-layer taco dip is made with seasoned taco beans, guacamole, cheese, sour cream, tomatoes, scallions, and olives.
Layering the guacamole in the center keeps the air out of the guacamole so it doesn’t brown. Pack it without air bubbles.
This 7-layer taco dip is perfect for serving to guests. It pairs well with many other appetizers, dips, fries, and side dishes.
- dips: Serve alongside other dips, like this Easy BLT Dip, Hot Artichoke Dip, or Garlic Cream Cheese Dip.
- salad: Pair it with a salad like this Cucumber Tomato Feta Salad, Pesto Pasta Salad (VIDEO), Antipasto Salad, or Tomato Garlic Salad.
- Fries: Enjoy this dish with crispy Air Fryer fries, Air Fryer zucchini fries, Air Fryer potato wedges or the BEST Air Fryer sweet potato fries.
- Appetizers: Enjoy it alongside fried spring rolls (VIDEO), eggplant appetizers (roll-ups), mushroom puff pastry appetizers, or smoked salmon and cucumber appetizer (VIDEO).
Make this recipe ahead of time
Get ahead: Since this dip is best served chilled, you can make it a day ahead and refrigerate until ready to serve.
storage: Cover the dip with plastic wrap to keep fresh and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Freeze: You can freeze this dip by covering it with plastic wrap and aluminum foil. It can last up to 3 months. Keep in mind that some water collects when thawing. Just let it go.
More delicious dips!
Do you love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below ⬇️ and/or a rating in the comments section below.
Let’s connect on social media! 😍 Find me on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest. And don’t forget to tag me if you try any of my recipes!
Full Recipe Guide
7 layer taco dip
Make my seven layer taco dip recipe for the perfect appetizer dip for your next party or event. This loaded dip is ideal served with fries, tortillas, crackers, or even fresh veggies for dipping.
Press Pen rate
In a bowl, using an electric hand mixer, mix together 2 cans of ground beans and 1 ounce packet of taco seasoning. Put aside.
In a separate bowl, using an electric hand mixer, mix together 8 ounces of room temperature cream cheese, 1 pound of sour cream, and the other 1 ounce package of taco seasoning. Be sure to mix the cream cheese well.
To assemble the 7-layer dip, use a 9×13 deep bowl or glass trifle deep bowl. The layers will be slightly thinner if you use a 9×13 shell. In a bowl, begin layering each layer starting with the beans, sour cream mixture, guacamole, pico de gallo, shredded cheddar, and a handful of sliced olives. I like to garnish mine with spring onions or chopped cilantro. Cover and serve chilled.
Calories: 293kcal | Carbohydrates: 19G | Protein: 8thG | Fat: 21G | Saturated Fatty Acids: 10G | Polyunsaturated fat: 1G | Monounsaturated fatty acids: 7G | Cholesterol: 51mg | Sodium: 849mg | Potassium: 217mg | Fiber: 5G | Sugar: 8thG | Vitamin A: 881ie | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 151mg | Iron: 1mg
This recipe was originally posted on August 14th, 2015, we’ve tweaked it a bit since then.