This Air fryer corn on the cob is surprisingly easy and oh so delicious. Tender kernels covered in butter and spices, this recipe is sure to be the perfect side dish.
If you love corn recipes, you should try this Avocado Corn Salad and Mexican Roasted Corn Salsa Recipe.
Table of contents
I love this Air Fryer Corn on the Cob recipe because it’s just so easy and tastes so good. This dish is always a crowd pleaser when I serve it to my family.
- TASTE: Sweet and buttery, this corn on the cob is absolutely delicious. There’s just a touch of salt and pepper to top it off.
- TEXTURE: Thanks to the hot air fryer, the corn kernels are nice and tender and a bit crispy on the outside. They are covered in melted butter.
- TIME: This takes 17 minutes.
- EASE: This recipe is so easy, you won’t believe it. This delicious air fryer corn on the cob requires only a few ingredients and is so flavorful.
what you will need
Notes on ingredients
- corn on the cob Remove shells and silk. Look for good quality, nice and firm and with bulging cores.
- avocado oil This coats the corn, giving it a crispy texture and keeping the spices in place.
- Spice- Salt and black pepper are added to taste. Use as much as you like.
- Butter- I suggest using unsalted butter so you can control the saltiness of the corn.
- Basket Air Fryer– This type of air fryer can hold the corn cobs.
Add-Ins and Substitutions
- Replace another oil You can use any of your favorite oils in place of the avocado oil here, including canola oil, olive oil, and vegetable oil.
- Add other spices- Add cayenne pepper, paprika, parmesan cheese or cumin to the corn on the cob.
- add garlic- Coat the corn with crushed garlic or sprinkle with garlic powder for a great sweet and garlicky flavor.
- Replace mayonnaise – Brush mayonnaise on the corn instead of oil for a richer flavor.
How to make Air Fryer Corn on the Cob
- Season the corn. Rub the corn on the cob with avocado oil and season the corn on all sides with salt and black pepper.
- Air fry them. Preheat your air fryer to 370 degrees Fahrenheit. Then add the spiced corn and air fry for 13-16 minutes. Serve warm with butter.
Pro Tip: Leave some space between the corn cobs to allow hot air to flow between them.
- cut the corn Trim the ends of the corn so the thickness is roughly the same throughout. This will help them cook evenly.
- Cover the corn with oil Make sure you get everywhere as you smear oil on the corn so each area gets tender and crispy on the outside.
- Preheat air fryer This will ensure that the temperature is high enough when you put the corn in so that it gets crispy while the kernels get juicy and tender inside.
- distribute corn – Air fryers circulate hot air to cook quickly, so leave space between the corn cobs to allow the heat to touch every surface of the corn.
frequently asked Questions
You can put foil in the air fryer, but it will hold steam and create a cooked corn on the cob effect. We don’t use foil for this recipe because we want a slight crispiness on the outside of the kernels.
Yes, you can put frozen corn directly into the air fryer. Just add a few minutes to the cooking time to account for thawing. However, the oil can slide off the frozen corn, so you may need to season it afterwards.
This Air Fryer Corn on the Cob is the perfect side dish no matter what you’re serving. Enjoy it alongside meat, seafood, potatoes and other vegetables.
- meat: This dish pairs well with braised beef, smoked chicken thighs, cast-iron ribeye, or pork roast.
- seafood: Serve with pesto salmon, Cajun shrimp, crab artichoke dip, or cedarwood salmon.
- Potatoes: Pair this air fryer corn on the cob with super creamy mashed potatoes, air fryer sweet potato fries, scalloped potatoes or air fryer baked potatoes.
- Vegetables: Serve with Air Fryer Asparagus, Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts, Cucumber Radish Salad, or Crispy Air Fryer Broccoli.
Make this recipe ahead of time
Get ahead: You can easily prep this air fryer corn on the cob, chill it and store it until ready to serve. Simply warm it up in the air fryer for a few minutes.
storage: Store this corn in an airtight container or cover with plastic wrap once cool. It keeps in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Freeze: You can wrap these in foil and then freeze them in plastic wrap for up to 3 months. They can be thawed in the fridge or just popped straight into the air fryer to reheat when you’re done.
More delicious dishes from the air fryer!
Do you love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below ⬇️ and/or a rating in the comments section below.
Let’s connect on social media! 😍 Find me on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest. And don’t forget to tag me if you try any of my recipes!
Full Recipe Guide
Air fryer corn on the cob
This Air Fryer Corn on the Cob is surprisingly easy and oh so delicious. Tender kernels covered in butter and spices pack tons of flavor.
Print Pen rate
Rub 4 corn on the cob with 1 tablespoon of avocado oil and season the corn on all sides with salt and pepper.
Preheat your air fryer to 370. Then add the spiced corn and air fry for 13-16 minutes. Serve warm with butter.
Calories: 209kcal | Carbohydrates: 17G | Protein: 3G | Fat: 16G | Saturated Fatty Acids: 8thG | Polyunsaturated fat: 1G | Monounsaturated fatty acids: 6G | Trans fats: 0.5G | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: fifteenmg | Potassium: 246mg | Fiber: 2G | Sugar: 6G | Vitamin A: 518ie | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 5mg | Iron: 0.5mg