Other Air Fryer recipes I can NOT live without would be: Air Fryer Pizza Rolls, Air Fryer Salmon, Air Fryer Chicken Legs, Air Fryer Baked Potato and more below. Let’s get back to the fries 🙂
There are so many ways to prepare french fries, but if you’re looking for that perfect texture you’re craving and buying, then here’s the best way to prepare them! We love Airfryer fries because:
- You have the perfect crisp!
- Golden outside
- Perfect soft interior
- Hot and fresh from the air fryer
- Cooks from frozen
- Can be seasoned to taste!
- Works with most brands of frozen fries.
- Any shape or size of fries works just as well!
- Healthier than roasts
- Better crispness and texture than baking
- Takes 10-12 minutes (depending on the brand you use!)
- No mess/clean up afterwards!
- SO GOOD!
Ingredients for Air Fryer fries
Seriously, this isn’t a recipe, it’s a guide. The ingredients are as simple and minimal as possible:
- Frozen french fries: Use any thickness, shape of fries, any type of pre-seasoned or just frozen fries, they all work. Depending on the size of your Airfryer basket, choose the correct bag size, this is a 16 ounce bag.
- Salt pepper: Salt and pepper to taste too. You can opt for chili flakes or french fries seasoning.
- oil spray: Use avocado oil, olive oil spray, or your favorite. The oil adds another layer of crispiness and also helps the spices stick to the fries.
How to cook frozen french fries in the air fryer
The humble store-bought frozen fries, when cooked in the air fryer, become the most addictive snack and accompaniment to any meal! Imagine it with this Best NY Strip Steak – SO GOOD!
Here’s how to make the most amazing fries in three easy steps.
- Place all your fries in the air fryer basket. I prefer this style of air fryer over toaster style air fryers.
- Drizzle some oil over the frozen fries and season with salt, pepper, and any additional seasoning if using.
- Shake them to distribute the spices and oil.
- Depending on the brand, size and thickness of your frozen fries, air fry at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauces, YUM!
Air Fryer Fries Tips:
- First check the size of your Airfryer basket before putting a lot of fries in it – you want to leave room for air circulation during air frying.
- Any brand of frozen fries, shape, and size would work – just adjust the cooking time.
- Spray the fries, then season to help the flavors stick to the fries.
- You can use pre-seasoned fries instead and skip the seasoning part.
- Don’t overfill your Airfryer basket, you need room to shake!
- We prefer basket-type air fryers over toasters.
- Make sure to shake your air fryer basket three times during air frying to ensure heat is distributed well and crisps evenly.
- If you want extra crispy fries, you can sprinkle generously before air frying and add 1-2 minutes more cooking time.
questions and answers
How are fries reheated in the air fryer?
I swear by reheating it in the air fryer – like pizza, for example, it’s MAGIC! To reheat the fries, simply give them a quick spray and heat at 350 degrees F for 2-3 minutes. And you’ll have fresh, hot, crispy fries again!
How long to cook fries in the air fryer?
This is highly dependent on the size and shape of your fries and in the rarest of cases can vary from brand to brand. We’ve tested many brands and frozen fries and follow these as a general rule:
- French fries: 8-10 minutes
- Straight Cut Fries: 10-12 minutes
- Crinkle Cut Fries: 10-11 minutes
- Waffle fries: 10-12 minutes
- Lattice cut fries: 10-12 minutes
- Sweet Potato Fries: 14-15 minutes
How do I serve Air Fryer french fries?
These fries are really GOOD the way they are and don’t need anything! However, that doesn’t mean we don’t have room to indulge! Here are some of our favorite dips and sauces:
Air Fryer Recipes:
Air fryer scallops