Inspired by PF Changs’ famous recipe, these Asian Turkey Salad Wraps are quick, easy to make, and packed with flavor! Perfect as an appetizer, side dish or even a main course for a healthy meal the whole family will love!
If you’re a fan of PF Changs lettuce wraps like we are, you’re going to LOVE these. Not only are the flavors in this dish insane, but the entire recipe literally only takes about 15 minutes from start to finish. These salad wraps are perfect for an easy weeknight dinner, but they also make a delicious appetizer when you have friends over. In fact, they are requested so much that I have passed this recipe on to friends and family who want to make them more times than I can count, which is why I wanted to renew this recipe for you all! So much. TASTE
ingredients you need
- ground turkey – I used lean ground turkey for the filling of these wraps as it’s lower in fat while also being a great source of protein, but you can make these with ground beef, ground beef, or ground pork too (we LOVE chicken salad wraps too!)
- soy sauce – I always use low-sodium soy sauce as I find regular soy sauce can make dishes too salty. You can also substitute tamari or coconut aminos for the soy sauce to make this gluten-free
- Hoisin sauce – sticky sweet flavor boost!
- rice vinegar – adds a touch of acidity that helps balance out all those flavors, but if you don’t have rice vinegar, feel free to substitute white vinegar, apple cider vinegar, or even a little lime juice
- Roasted Red Chili Paste – Adds a bit of spiciness along with a boost of flavor, you can also add some red chili flakes or sriracha if you want even more spice
- Garlic + Ginger – fresh garlic and ginger definitely go best with this dish,
- water chestnuts – To add a nice crunch to these wraps, you can also add shredded carrots and chopped mushrooms for extra nutrition
- Green Onions – adds flavor and a touch of color
- Red pepper flakes – this is optional but adds a nice flavor to these wraps
- Bibb Salad – also known as Butter Salad, this is my favorite salad for wraps because of its perfect cup shape and how soft and buttery it is. Other great options include romaine lettuce leaves or iceberg lettuce
How to make healthy turkey salad wraps
- Fry the ground turkey. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the turkey, garlic and ginger to the pan and sauté for about 6 minutes or until the turkey is browned. Stir to crumble.
- Make the sauce. While the turkey is cooking, whisk together the hoisin, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and roasted red chilli paste in a small bowl.
- mix together. Once the ground turkey is cooked through, turn off the heat and add the chopped green onions and water chestnuts. Drizzle with the sauce and stir well until completely coated.
- Assemble lettuce wraps. Scatter about ¼ cup of the turkey mixture on each lettuce leaf, serve and enjoy!
preparation and storage
To store: The delicious filling for these Asian Salad Wraps will last up to 4 to 5 days stored in the refrigerator in a sealed, airtight container. Trust me when I say this meal tastes even better the next day! Make sure you don’t keep the wraps already assembled, as the turkey stuffing will wilt the leaves.
Freeze: Allow the turkey mixture to cool completely and store in a sealed, airtight container until ready 2 months. Allow the filling to thaw completely in the refrigerator before reheating in a skillet or microwave.
More recipes you will love
I hope you all enjoy these Asian Turkey Salad Wraps and if you love this recipe as much as we do, please leave me a five star rating below and don’t forget to tag me with the hashtag #eatyourselfskinny on Instagram! I love seeing all of your delicious replicas!
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 mins
- Total time: 15 minutes
- 1¼ pounds lean ground turkey (or ground chicken)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Garlic clove, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 Spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 (8 oz) can sliced water chestnuts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons Hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons roasted red chili paste
- pinch of salt
- 12 Bibb/Butter Lettuce Leaves
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the turkey, garlic and ginger to the pan and sauté for about 6 minutes or until the turkey is browned. Stir to crumble.
- Combine turkey mixture, onions and chopped water chestnuts in a large bowl, stir well and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the hoisin, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and roasted red chili paste and drizzle over the turkey mixture. Throw to fully coat.
- Add about ¼ cup of turkey mixture to each lettuce leaf, serve and enjoy!
- Serving size: 2 salad cups
- Calories: 162
- Sugar: 3.4g
- Sodium: 441.5mg
- Fat: 4.3g
- Saturated Fatty Acids: 0.8g
- Carbohydrates: 7.8 g
- Fiber: 0.9 g
- Protein: 23.5g
* Please note that all nutritional information is an estimate only. Values vary by brand, so we recommend you calculate them yourself for the most accurate results possible.