This Crunchy Fall Brussels Sprouts Salad with raw Brussels sprouts, apples, pecans, and blue cheese makes a great side salad with roasted chicken, pork, or turkey.
Brussels sprouts salad in the fall
I love using raw, shaved Brussels sprouts in salads! You can buy them shredded, but I like to chop them up myself so they’re fresher. For this easy fall Brussels sprouts salad recipe, I tossed them with sweet, crunchy red apples, pecans, blue cheese, and a balsamic vinaigrette. If you’re looking for more Brussels sprouts salads, try these Raw Shredded Brussels Sprouts With Lemon and Oil and This Shredded Brussels Sprouts Salad With Bacon and Avocado.
How to shred or shave Brussels sprouts
You can thinly slice your Brussels sprouts with a knife. Simply cut the root end off the shoot and then slice them open vertically. You can also prepare them in a food processor with the shredding disc attached.
How far in advance can I chop Brussels sprouts?
This fall salad is great for meal prep. You can chop up your Brussels sprouts and vinaigrette a day or two before serving the salad. Combine everything just before serving, or even a few hours earlier. The dressing softens the sprouts and the vinegar in the dressing keeps the apples from turning brown. Leftovers will keep in the fridge for a few days.
Ingredients for shredded Brussels sprouts salad
- Cauliflower: You will need 4 cups of shaved or shredded Brussels sprouts.
- Nuts: If you don’t have pecans, swap them out for walnuts or almonds. If you are allergic to nuts, leave them out.
- apples: I used a crunchy honey apple, but feel free to use your favorite red apple. You can also prepare this salad with pomegranate seeds or dried cranberries.
- Cheese: Gorgonzola or blue cheese will work.
- Balsamic Vinaigrette: For the dressing, whisk together the olive oil, Dijon mustard, shallots, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper.
More shredded Brussels sprouts recipes you’ll love:
Autumn Brussels sprouts salad with apple, pecans and blue cheese
This Fall Brussels Sprouts Salad with Apples, Pecans, and Blue Cheese makes a great side salad with roast chicken, pork, or Thanksgiving turkey.
- 4 cups thinly grated Brussels sprouts, 12 ounces total
- 1/4 Cup coarsely chopped pecans, 1 ounce
- 2 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoon crumbled blue cheese, or Gorgonzola
- 1 small Honey Crunchy Apple, or any sweet apple, cored and diced into matchsticks, with skin
Whisk together the olive oil, Dijon, shallots and vinegar with a pinch of salt and black pepper.
Pour over brussels in a large bowl and season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper.
Mix in the apples and garnish with pecans and blue cheese.
If you prefer to cook your Brussels sprouts, sauté them in a pan with a little oil for about 5 minutes.
Portion: 1Cup, Calories: 202kcal, Carbohydrates: 17G, Protein: 5G, Fat: 13.5G, Saturated Fatty Acids: 2.5G, Cholesterol: 4.5mg, Sodium: 154mg, Fiber: 5G, Sugar: 8thG
Keywords: Brussels Sprouts Salad, Light Side Dish, Fall, Fall Salads, Raw Brussels Sprouts, Shredded Brussels Sprouts