This backed eggs are so much fun and easy to make! Eggs are baked in the oven on a tray surrounded by rings of peppers, along with roast potatoes, zucchini, and tomatoes. Top with feta and fresh herbs.
These are quick to prepare, easy to customize, and great for feeding a large crowd backed eggs are packed with tender vegetables. An easy meal that’s great anytime – for breakfast, lunch and dinner! First roast the potatoes while we prepare the vegetables. Sweet peppers, broccolini, summer squash, tomatoes and red onions are sliced, eggs are placed in the vegetables. Add Aleppo chili flakes and feta cheese (optional) and bake for about 10 minutes—the perfect amount of time for the veggies to become tender and crispy. Looking for more breakfast ideas? Check out 65+ Best Healthy Breakfast Ideas!
Ingredients in baked eggs
Notes on ingredients for baked eggs
- Potatoes- Fingerlings and baby potatoes cook quickly; Any potato works! Slice them thinly and lay them out in a single layer for quick and even cooking. Yams and sweet potatoes are also delicious options.
- Vegetables– Sweet peppers, broccolini, summer squash, tomatoes and red onions. Play around with what you have on hand! Anything tender and juicy that cooks quickly like scallions, asparagus, snow peas, green beans, poblanos, jalapeños, fennel, etc.
- Herbs– Dill, parsley, basil, coriander or chives. We love our fresh, tender herbs; They add flavor and freshness, so be sure to add your favorites! Strong herbs such as rosemary, oregano and thyme can be added when roasting.
- feta– Change it if you want. Fresh mozzarella is also delicious, or leave it out and serve with avocado.
For a full list of ingredients and measurements, see the recipe card below.
Why You’ll Love These Baked Eggs
- Customizable! Add whatever veggies you have on hand (it’s best to stick with tender veggies or roast them first). Use your favorite cheese or leave it out.
- Fast easy! Quickly prepared and off to the oven!
- Easy to expand recipe! Cooking for a crowd? Double the recipe if necessary.
How to make baked eggs
Step one- Oil the potato slices and place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until tender. While these are roasting, prep the rest of the veggies!
step two– In the meantime, cut the vegetable slices into slices and toss them in olive oil and salt. Place enough space in the middle of the fried potatoes (according to the number of eggs you are using) and place two slices of peppers and a few slices of onion on top. Crack the eggs into the center of the pepper and onion piles. Scatter the remaining peppers, onions, tomatoes, squash, and broccoli around the eggs. Top with feta, Aleppo chilli flakes, salt and pepper.
step three– Place back in the oven (400°F) for 10 to 13 minutes (longer if you want the yolks to be firmer).
Take out and serve immediately. We highly recommend serving it with a sauce!
Frequently asked questions about baked eggs
Yes, it’s an effortless way to bake lots of eggs at once.
Eating eggs with veggies can help the body absorb some of the fat-soluble nutrients in eggs!
Baked Eggs in a Sheet Pan are a great way to cook for a larger group and cook lots of eggs at once.
I love this recipe? Please let us know in the comments and leave a 5-star rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ under the recipe card.
These baked eggs are so much fun and easy to make! Eggs are baked in the oven on a sheet pan surrounded by rings of peppers and onions, along with hash browns, broccolini, zucchini, and tomatoes. Optionally top them with feta and fresh herbs and serve with a sauce!
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Oil the potato slices and place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until tender.
- In the meantime, prepare the vegetable slices and toss them in olive oil and salt.
- Arrange free spaces in the middle of the roast potatoes (according to the number of eggs you are using) and place two slices of peppers with a few slices of onion on top. Crack the eggs into the center of the peppers/onions. Scatter the remaining vegetables around the eggs. Add feta cheese if you like. Season the eggs with salt and pepper. Place back in the oven (still 200°C) for 10 to 13 minutes (more if you want the yolks to be firmer).
- When the eggs are done to your liking, remove, sprinkle with fresh herbs and optional chili flakes, and serve immediately – see notes for a sauce.
Feel free to swap out or add other veggies: asparagus, broccolini, snow peas, green beans — any quick-to-prepare veg will work here!
Serve with sauce! Gremolata, basil oil, pesto, salsa, hot sauce, pico de gallo
- Serving size: 1 egg and 1/2 cup veggies
- Calories: 120
- Sugar: 3.2g
- Sodium: 199.3 mg
- Fat: 4.1g
- Saturated Fatty Acids: 1.3g
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Protein: 7g
- Cholesterol: 148.8 mg
Keywords: Baked Eggs, Baked Eggs Recipe, Oven Baked Eggs, Healthy Baked Eggs, Easy Baked Eggs, Vegetarian Baked Eggs