use this Marinade for grilled chicken to add succulent, delicious flavors to your grilled chicken. This is serious The most delicious grilled chicken marinade recipe!
Truly the BEST marinade for grilled chicken
Say hello to the tastiest marinade for grilled chicken you’ve ever tasted! It’s made with some of our favorite dishes: balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and garlic to name a few.
If you’re a big grill lover like us, you know that it helps to have good marinades on hand because they add succulent flavors to your meat. You should always keep our steak marinade and our pork fillet marinade in your pocket!
Why should I marinate my chicken before grilling?
So much taste: When we say great taste, we mean it! This grilled chicken marinade recipe is basically a flavor bath for your chicken.
Saves time: In this recipe, we recommend marinating your chicken overnight, which will ultimately save you time during cooking.
Juicy + Tender Chicken: Experience has shown that your grilled chicken will be so juicy and tender.
What you need
Okay, let’s talk about what this chicken marinade is made of. The flavors are hearty and slightly tangy, perfect for any chicken cut!
- balsamic vinegar
- olive oil
- Dijon mustard
- lemon juice
- Lemon peel
- chopped garlic
- red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
Chicken pieces for grilling
Good news! You can use just about any cut of chicken for this grilled chicken marinade. Use about 2 pounds. of the following:
How to marinate chicken breasts for grilling
Preparing this chicken marinade is easy and can be done in less than 5 minutes.
- Mix: Measure out all the ingredients and place them in a medium-sized bowl. Stir to combine.
- Transfer ingredients: Place the marinade in a gallon-sized plastic or casserole dish and dip the chicken in it. Make sure everything is covered in the marinade.
- Marinate: Marinate for about 12-18 hours for best results. If you are short on time, we recommend at least 2 hours.
How Long Should I Marinate Grilled Chicken?
For best results, we recommend marinating your chicken for 12 to 18 hours. If you are short on time, we recommend at least 2 hours. The longer you marinate your chicken, the more flavorful it will become.
Can I Over Marinate Chicken? We recommend not marinating your chicken for more than 24 hours if the marinade contains vinegar or citrus fruits, otherwise your chicken could become tough.
How to grill marinated chicken
Once your chicken has marinated for 12-18 hours, it’s time to grill it! We have an in-depth guide on how to grill chicken here, but here’s a quick refresher.
- Remove Moisture: First things first: remove your chicken from the packaging, then use a paper towel to blot as much moisture out of the chicken as possible.
- Taste: Next, use this Grilled Chicken Marinade recipe to marinate your chicken for 12-18 hours.
- Grill: Preheat your grill (gas or charcoal) to approx 400° F. We know that grilling temperatures fluctuate. So don’t worry if the temperature is not accurate! We have found that 400°F is the perfect temperature for grilled chicken. Hot enough to leave beautiful grill marks, but not too hot to dry out your chicken. Grill your chicken over direct heat for about 7-8 minutes, then turn and grill for another 8-10 minutes. PS: This is for a 6 oz. Chicken breast!
- Internal temperature: You’ll know your chicken is fully cooked once it reaches a cooking temperature Internal temperature of 165°F. We use a meat thermometer for this so you don’t take any risks when eating raw chicken. Learn more about cooking here great USDA article.
- Leave alone: What is rest time? After you remove the chicken from the grill and let it rest, it continues to cook to the final temperature. We recommend letting your chicken sit for at least 5 minutes so you can ensure it reaches at least 165°F to kill any bacteria.
Thermoworks thermal pen
We swear by using a meat thermometer when cooking every cut of meat. The Thermapen is our go-to meat thermometer that always works.
- 1.5-2 Lb. Boneless skinless chicken breast Any piece of chicken will work
- 1/4 Cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire
- 2 tablespoon Honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 Cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Lemon peel
- 1.5 tablespoon chopped garlic
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
In a medium bowl, combine balsamic vinegar, olive oil, Worcestershire, honey, Dijon, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
Mix everything together with a whisk until well combined.
Place the grilled chicken marinade in a large casserole dish or bag, then add the chicken. Dip the chicken in the marinade, making sure it is covered with marinade.
For best results, refrigerate for 12-18 hours (2 hours minimum) to marinate.
tips and hints
- The nutritional information is for the marinade only.
Calories: 77kcal Carbohydrates: 8thG Protein: 0G Fat: 5G Fiber: 0G Sugar: 8thG