The Burrata Salad is the perfect easy and flavorful salad to add to your next summer meal. With fresh juicy tomatoes and a light dash of balsamic dressing, you’ll have a delicious salad recipe on the table in minutes!
The BEST Burrata Salad
Move over mozzarella, burrata is having its moment! And when it comes to summer salads, you can’t go wrong with this burrata salad recipe. It’s basically the taste of summer in a salad.
I know I talk a LOT about my garden, but it’s really what fuels all of my recipes over the summer, and with an abundance of old tomatoes growing I’m always looking for fresh ideas to combine with them.
Like a caprese salad, this burrata salad’s ingredients are simple and let the fresh tomatoes, herbs, and cheese really shine.
What is burrata?
Burrata is essentially mozzarella with a creamy center. The outer shell has the consistency of mozzarella (it’s the same cow’s milk cheese), but if you cut through the middle, a thick cream comes out. It tastes delicious in this burrata salad or on a sandwich, crostini, pizza or on a charcuterie board as an appetizer.
Ingredients for the Tomato Burrata Salad
- Burrata Cheese – You can find this on the cheese aisle in most grocery stores. Usually it is in a container with liquid.
- heirloom tomatoes – Any kind of heirloom will work here. You can also add a few cherry tomatoes, but be sure to cut them in half.
- Fresh basil – or other preferred fresh herbs.
- Extra virgin olive oil – Ideally, use extra virgin olive oil to bring out the natural flavors of the oil.
- balsamic vinegar – A high-quality balsamic vinegar makes the difference here.
- sea salt and black pepper – just a pinch to enhance the flavor
How to make burrata salad
STEP 1: PREPARE THE SALAD
Layer tomato slices and burrata cheese on a large platter or plate. Sprinkle with torn basil leaves.
STEP 2: DRESS SALAD
Drizzle the burrata salad with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
How to store it
You can store your burrata salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1-2 days. However, for best results, I recommend consuming it immediately.
Simple swaps + substitutions
Add some green – Would you like to add more green? You can place this salad on a bed of leafy greens like spinach or arugula.
Swap out the herbs – Not a fan of basil? Alternatively, you can also use other fresh herbs. Parsley, mint, or cilantro would both taste delicious.
Replace the tomatoes with other fruits – Yes, tomatoes are a fruit! This burrata salad is delicious with peaches (or other stone fruit) instead of tomatoes for a peach burrata salad.
Use mozzarella – Can’t you find Burrata? You can easily use fresh mozzarella instead.
Make a crostini – Toast some bread and top with some of this Tomato Burrata Salad recipe. It tastes a bit like bruschetta but with creamy burrata cheese.
More summer salad recipes
Tomato Burrata Salad
This Burrata Salad is the perfect easy and flavorful salad for your next summer meal. With fresh juicy tomatoes and a light dash of balsamic dressing, you’ll have a delicious salad recipe on the table in minutes!
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 0 minutes
- Total time: 10 mins
- Yield: 6 portions 1X
- Category: salad
- Method: Raw
- Kitchen: Italian
- Diet: Gluten free
- 8 ounces burrata cheese, cut
- 4 old tomatoes, cut
- A handful of fresh basil leaves sliced or torn
- 3 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt + pepper to taste
- Layer tomato slices and burrata cheese on a large plate or platter.
- Sprinkle with chopped basil leaves and drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately for the best flavor.
Keywords: Burrata Salad, Tomato Burrata Salad
Subscribe to the THM newsletter
Join over 20,000 members of the THM community and get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!