LnRiLWdyaWQsLnRiLWdyaWQ+LmJsb2NrLWVkaXRvci1pbm5lci1ibG9ja3M++Knt3aWR0aDoxMDAlfS50Yi1ncmlkLWNvbHVtbi50Yi1ncmlkLWFsaWduLXRvcHt3aWR0aDoxMDAlO2Rpc3BsYXk6ZmxleDthbGlnbi1jb250ZW50OmZsZX gtc3RhcnR9LnRiLWdyaWQtY29sdW1uLnRiLWdyaWQtYWxpZ24tY2VudGVye3dpZHRoOjEwMCU7ZGlzcGxheTpmbGV4O2FsaWduLWNvbnRlbnQ6Y2VudGVyfS50Yi1ncmlkLWNvbHVtbi50Yi1ncmlkLWFsaWduLWJvdHRvbXt3aWR0aDox MDAlO2Rpc3BsYXk6ZmxleDthbGlnbi1jb250ZW50OmZsZXgtZW5kfSB9IA==
Enjoy the delicious taste of fall with these vegan pumpkin brownies! This easy recipe makes the perfect snack or dessert and will satisfy your sweet tooth. Plus, it’s vegetarian-friendly and takes just 9 ingredients to make. Get baking today!
Sometimes a little unevenness in the kitchen can be a good thing. This is especially true when making vegan pumpkin brownies. A dollop of brownie here and a smidge of pumpkin there makes every bite a surprise!
Is there anything that pumpkin doesn’t do well? You know, it’s amazing in lattes, muffins, soups, and even, ahem, brownies. Of course, my chocolate vegan fudge is pretty good without pumpkin!
How to Make Vegan Pumpkin Brownies
Have you ever wondered if you can make pumpkin brownies without eggs? I love making these pumpkin swirl brownies because of the squeals of delight from everyone who eats them! what can i say I love to feed people good food!
Here are the steps to make these vegan pumpkin brownies:
- Prepare the pumpkin swirl by stirring the ingredients together
- Make brownie batter by combining a brownie mix with pumpkin and other ingredients.
- Pour half the batter into a prepared pan.
- Top with pumpkin mixture.
- Add remaining brownie mixture on top.
- Bake until brownies are formed.
Note: To make vegan pumpkin swirl brownies, you can use a knife to gently swirl the layers before baking the brownies.
the main ingredient
You can find the complete printable recipe with ingredient amounts below. But first, here are some ingredient explanations and steps to help you perfect this recipe every time.
- Pumpkin puree — You will need a standard can of pumpkin puree, which is usually about 15 ounces.
- Vegan cream cheese — We’ll use an 8-ounce container of vegan cream cheese.
- sugar — All you need is a little granulated sugar on the pumpkin layer.
- Vanilla — We’ll add some vanilla extract to the pumpkin layer.
- spices — We will use one tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice.
- flour — You’ll want to add some flour to set the pumpkin layer. You can use all-purpose flour or gluten-free flour.
- Brownie mix – Find a brownie mix made without eggs or dairy. There are tons of options these days, including some that are intentionally vegan and some that are accidentally vegan. To make vegan gluten-free pumpkin brownies, use a brownie mix that is gluten-free.
- vegetable oil — To make the brownies nice and gooey, we’ll add some vegetable oil.
- Chocolate chip — This is optional, but adding dairy-free chocolate chips is always a great combo with brownies.
Vegan Brownies Pumpkin Inspired
The brownies are totally delicious on their own. It’s not like they need pumpkins.
At least, that’s what you think until you try pumpkin-infused brownies.
It’s the pumpkin middle layer made with pumpkin pie spice that really adds pizzazz to this brownie recipe!
Store brownies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 or 3 days or in the refrigerator for up to 7 days. They can be frozen in a freezer-safe container or bag for up to 2 months.
Vegan Pumpkin Recipe
If you love these vegan chocolate pumpkin brownies as much as I do, you’ll definitely want to try these black bean brownies. They are so delicious! If you’re ready for some more vegetarian pumpkin recipes, check out these:
Prevent your screen from going dark
Pumpkin rolling mix
Combine pumpkin, cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, spices and flour in a medium bowl. Stir vigorously to combine. Use an immersion blender for stubborn cream cheese lumps.
If the batter is too thick, gently stir in one to two tablespoons of water.
(The products above contain sponsored links to products we use and recommend)
Homemade Brownie Base
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (leftover from can)
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- Optional: chopped walnuts
Combine the butter, peanut butter, and ½ cup chocolate chips in a large bowl. Stir a little to make sure the chocolate chips are coated and then put it in the microwave for about 30 seconds. The chocolate chips should be soft enough to stir to the point. If not, microwave for another 10-15 seconds. Stir until smooth.
Add sugar, vanilla and pumpkin. Stir to combine.
Combine the flour, cocoa, ground flaxseed and cornstarch in a separate bowl. Stir to combine. Add the flour mixture to the chocolate mixture. Stir until just combined (do not over mix).
Calories: 152kcal | Sugars: 16g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 4g | Monounsaturated fats: 1g | Trans fats: 0.04g | Cholesterol: 0.1mg | Sodium: 15mg | Potassium: 182mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 8476IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 1mg
The nutritional information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator and should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist consultation.
This post was originally published in 2019 and was updated in 2023 to include new photos, new text, and an updated recipe.