Yesterday I said that the 4th of July is all about finger food since I gave you some festive brownie bites to snack on… but maybe I have to take it back. Mainly because it kind of, really does mean, disgusts me when people eat with their fingers. So today we’re going in the opposite direction. Finger licking is not allowed here. You must use a fork. You’re an adult and pasta salad shouldn’t be eaten with your fingers. That is, unless you’re home alone on a Friday night and nobody can see you. But when you’re at a barbecue or anywhere near other decent people, you have to resist the urge to lick your fingers. For the love of God, man. Just knock it off Can you tell finger licking is a favorite tease of mine? I guess I’ll have to hold up a mirror and take a deep dive, huh? Damn it. Growing up and reflecting on yourself is a real bitch just trying to crack a joke.
Since embracing food outside of paleo, I’m now living my truth. Living in the beautiful world of beans and some gluten free pasta. And I have to tell you… it’s gorgeous. My world is now full of endless combinations of foods that I’ve missed for years. Too bad. What a waste.
But now that I’m 33, I refuse to miss a meal moment for the rest of my life. I can not do it. I will not do it. My life is going by far too quickly to one day lie on my deathbed wishing I had eaten that piece of lasagna or that piece of wedding cake.
Speaking of weddings, I’m going to a friends wedding in 3 weeks and I’ve already bought a dress from France. I honestly didn’t know it was from France until I bought it and the DHL shipping said 3 weeks. But it just came and I’m in loooove! I’ve had my eye on this dress for months now, but at the time I had no reason to buy it. BOOM Wedding Invitation. Weddings are the best, but dresses are even better.
Now wait…I forgot to talk about that pasta salad. The people who hate recipe intros are gonna hate me, but here I am still standing and still talking. The thing about vacations is that you don’t want to put a lot of effort into cooking. I mean I don’t. I want to be outside and hanging out with other people instead of spending my time in the kitchen. Don’t call me so old fashioned. Or not, because that sounds funny. But I’d rather chat with my friends than watch them cook from afar. Maybe just a personal preference. I do not know. What I do know is that I’m really craving lasagna now. And wedding cake. In the meantime, I’ll just wear my wedding guest dress around the house while I eat this Noodle Salad WITH A FORK. I am not an animal.
BLT Pasta Salad
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 35 minutes
- Total time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 6–8th portions 1x
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the bacon on the parchment paper, then place in the oven to bake for 15-20 minutes (time depends on the thickness of the bacon).
- While the bacon is cooking, fill a large saucepan with water. Add a pinch of salt, cover and bring to a boil. Add the noodles to the water and cook, stirring frequently, for about 10 minutes. Once the pasta is done cooking, drain and rinse in cold water to cool completely.
- Whisk together ranch and mayonnaise.
- Dice bacon, lettuce and tomatoes.
- Place pasta, bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, and ranch mix in bowl. Then add salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes. Mix to combine, then serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve the same day as the salad will become mushy over time.
What I used to make this recipe:
You may also like:
Pasta salad in the fall
Taco Pasta Salad
Greek pasta salad
Mediterranean Orzo Salad
Broccoli Salad with Bacon
Click here to get all my PaleOMG recipes in yours Meal planner with real plans!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog running! Thank you for all your support!