Mix up this refreshing Blueberry Flaxseed Smoothie for breakfast this week! It’s high-fiber from flaxseeds, high-protein from Greek yogurt, and perfectly sweet from blueberries!
Superfood Flaxseed Smoothie
When in doubt, make a smoothie! This Blueberry Flax Superfood Smoothie is one of the most nutrient dense smoothies ever. We love this smoothie because it’s made with simple ingredients yet is creamy and delicious.
What you need
We’ve packed this smoothie with healthy ingredients that are accessible to everyone! Let’s break down all the ingredients and why they’re healthy!
- blueberry You can find blueberries in most grocery store frozen sections! They’re packed with fiber, potassium, and vitamin C!
- Ground Flaxseed– Say hello to nutrient-dense ground flaxseeds! Flaxseeds are known to be super high in fiber and omega-3 fatty acids!
- Spinach- You don’t have to be forced by your mom to eat your spinach! When you puree spinach into a smoothie, you can’t even taste it! Spinach is packed with protein, iron, vitamins and minerals. BEAUTIFUL.
- greek yogurt Greek yogurt is the key to creamy smoothies! Greek yogurt is also packed with protein!
- Almond milk- When it comes to milk alternatives, we’re big fans of almond milk! Almond milk happens to be high in protein and low in calories too!
Looking to upgrade your blender? Check out our favorite Vitamix blender. It’s our favorite high-speed blender, perfect for making smoothies, soups and nut butters.
Flaxseed Smoothie 101
Are Flaxseed Smoothies Healthy?
Yes, superfood smoothies are healthy! They get a bad flack because they’re high in calories. But superfood smoothies are packed with healthy calories that are so good for your body!
Just make sure you don’t have a smoothie with every meal! It’s about balance!
What are the best smoothie toppings?
Toppings are one of the best parts of a smoothie. You can choose which direction to go! Here’s a list of some of our favorites!
How much flaxseed in the smoothie?
We recommend 1/2 to 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed per 1 serving.
- 1 Cup frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- Handful of spinach
- 1/4 Cup Full fat Greek yogurt I used vanilla
- 1 Cup coconut milk or any kind of milk
Calories: 94kcal Carbohydrates: 13G Protein: 4G Fat: 3G Fiber: 3G Sugar: 8thG