Are you looking for a quick and easy breakfast that is also delicious? This crispy Breakfast burritos are full of flavor and super handy for busy mornings.
If you love on-the-go breakfast ideas, you have to try these breakfast sandwiches. and might as well serve up some fluffy buttermilk pancakes for a full breakfast!
Table of contents
Breakfast burritos combine everything we love about breakfast: delicious bacon, eggs, cheese, sour cream, and salsa. They are also easy to prepare and freezer safe.
- TASTE GOOD: From cheesy eggs to hearty bacon, this breakfast has it all. The flavorful sour cream and flavorful salsa add great flavor.
- TEXTURE: This breakfast burrito is crunchy on the outside and full of gooey cheese and crispy bacon.
- TIME: This recipe takes about 30 minutes.
- EASE: This dish is so easy and convenient. The burritos are made with simple ingredients that you probably have on hand, and I’ll show you how to put them together to perfection.
what you will need
Notes on ingredients
- Bacon- Use any type. Turkey bacon is ok too.
- egg Either use the whole egg or you can make this with egg whites.
- Grated cheese- I used a Mexican blend, but you can use any cheese you like.
- Butter- Unsalted is best as we will be seasoning the eggs with salt.
- toppings Salsa, sour cream
- Wrap- flour tortillas
Add-Ins and Substitutions
- Substitute another cheese- You can make these with other types of cheese, including cheddar, jack, feta, or mozzarella.
- Add more meat – Try these breakfast burritos with sausage or sliced patties, or with ham.
- Use a different topping In addition to sour cream and salsa, you can also add pico de gallo, guacamole, sriracha, or ketchup.
- add vegetables- Make this recipe with diced tomatoes, avocado, or spinach.
How to make breakfast burritos
- cook bacon. Fry the bacon slices to your preferred crispiness (pan, bake, or air fry).
Pro tip: Pat your bacon with paper towels to remove excess fat that could make your burritos soggy.
- Stir the eggs. Whisk eggs with milk, salt and pepper. Heat the butter in a pan and boil the eggs.
- Assemble your breakfast burritos. Add 1/4 of the eggs, a slice of bacon, shredded cheese, sour cream, and salsa.
- Roll them up. Brush the edges of the tortillas with water and roll up tightly.
- Crunchy the sides. Heat a pan with oil and sear each side of your breakfast burrito until golden brown.
- Don’t overfill them.-Too many ingredients will cause the tortilla to tear, so play it safe when filling these burritos.
- Before wrapping, brush them with water. Don’t forget this step, because it ensures that your breakfast burritos seal tightly.
- minimize fat– After you’ve cooked the bacon, pat it dry to reduce the amount of fat going into your burritos.
- Make a double batch- Because these burritos freeze so well, make a double batch for another day when you need a quick and nutritious pre-made breakfast.
frequently asked Questions
To avoid a soggy breakfast burrito, don’t overcook the eggs as they can release moisture, don’t add too much milk to the eggs, and drain the liquid when you add the salsa. Also, make sure it’s completely cool when you wrap it to avoid condensation forming.
Add the filling to your tortilla, being careful not to overstuff it. Then fold the tortilla to cover the filling, fold both sides over until they also cover the filling, then roll up the tortilla tightly. Also, heating the tortilla will prevent it from tearing. Brush the seam with water to keep it tightly closed.
These breakfast burritos are so versatile, you can serve them with any type of breakfast. Here are some delicious ways to enjoy this dish.
Make this recipe ahead of time
Go on: You can easily freeze these burritos, making them a great meal ahead of time. Simply prepare them according to the recipe, then let them cool before wrapping and freezing.
storage: You can store these breakfast burritos wrapped in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Freeze: Take the cooled burrito and wrap it first in parchment paper, then in foil.
Place the wrapped burritos in a gallon-size ziplock bag. They can be frozen up to 1 month. Defrost them in the oven at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes, in the microwave for 2-3 minutes or on the stovetop over medium-high heat.
More delicious breakfast dishes!
Do you love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below ⬇️ and/or a rating in the comments section below.
Let’s connect on social media! 😍 Find me on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest. And don’t forget to tag me if you try any of my recipes!
Full Recipe Guide
This is freezer friendly Crunchy breakfast burrito The recipe is full of flavor, easy to prepare and super convenient.
Press Pen rate
Servings: 4 Breakfast burritos
Fry the bacon either in a skillet or in the oven. You can even air fry bacon if you like. The main thing is that it is nice and crispy. Then put it aside.
Whisk 4 eggs with 1/4 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp black pepper and 2 tbsp milk.
Melt 1 tablespoon unsalted butter in a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beaten eggs and stir with a silicone spatula until the eggs are cooked.
Start preparing your breakfast burritos starting with medium uncooked flour tortillas.
Place 1/4 of the scrambled eggs in the center of each tortilla, then add 1 sheet of cooked bacon, shredded Mexican cheese, mild salsa, and sour cream.
Brush the edges of the uncooked tortilla with water and roll up tightly.
Now heat 1/4 cup avocado oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and fry each side of the breakfast burritos until golden brown.
2. Place them in gallon-sized ziplock bags and freeze for up to 1 month.
3. To reheat, unwrap the burritos and place them in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 35-40 minutes, turning halfway through. Baking them makes them nice and crispy again.
Calories: 339kcal | Carbohydrates: 17G | Protein: 14G | Fat: 23G | Saturated Fatty Acids: 10G | Cholesterol: 240mg | Sodium: 637mg | Potassium: 192mg | Fiber: 1G | Sugar: 2G | Vitamin A: 505ie | Calcium: 130mg | Iron: 2mg