Have you or someone you know envisioned a chicken dream job? Do you want to quit your current job and get paid to raise chickens and talk about it all day? Are you looking for a way to help provide for your family with your beloved flock? Or maybe you are a budding writer looking to blog about your flock? If so, your dream chicken job might just be right around the corner with My Pet Chicken. My Pet Chicken is currently accepting applications for the 2023 recruitment….. Preferred employment states include AL, AR, GA, IA, IN, KS, KY, LA, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, OH, OK, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX UT, WI, WV, WY.
First, let’s talk about who we are and why My Pet Chicken might be the place to find your dream chicken job.
Top 12 Reasons to Work With My Pet Chicken
- You have very easy commutes. That’s because you’re moving from your bed to your computer for that chicken dream job. will work remotely. This means no traffic! No gas money! No wear and tear on the car! And don’t shovel snow off an icy windshield or get into a sweltering vehicle! Get out of bed a couple of minutes early if that’s your thing.
- You can work in your PJs. Or your comfy pants and your favorite T-shirt with all the holes. We really don’t care what you wear to work for your dream chicken job. Bad hair day? Nobody will see it. No one, unless you have neighbors and feel like bringing your laptop and working from your balcony on a nice day. And that looks attractive too!
- You can be at home taking care of a baby without having to cancel work. snowy day? easy. Teacher’s work day? Not a problem. If you’re a single parent, or if you live in a household where both parents work, having a child home from school can create all kinds of logistical problems! Well … think about solving these problems.
This is perhaps one of the most compelling reasons why working at My Pet Chicken really is a chicken’s dream job. How frustrating would it be to finally get that job at the hatchery… only to find out you have to get rid of your beloved flock? And by the way, if you have other pets besides chickens (like a dog), this is a great job too. You don’t have to worry about any separation anxiety, or rush home from work to let the puppy out. He can simply sleep at your feet – or even on your lap – and come out when he needs to.
Now, let’s talk about the chicken dream job itself. Here’s what you’ll do in your new position.
Chicken dream job duties
- Respond to clients in a warm and professional manner via email, phone, and chat
- Answer customer questions about caring for chicks and chickens
- Share your personal experience of raising chickens with customers
- Process changes and cancellations of orders requested by the customer
- Ensure customers are ready for chickens by referring them to our extensive library of educational materials, including our online chicken FAQ section, free chicken care guide, free e-incubation guide, online chick supply checklist, and our information on different chicken breeds and types, and our various posts on our informative blog, etc.
- Ensure that customers know what to expect from the order processes and procedures.
- Enter data accurately into internal reports
- Maintain secure customer records
- Work alongside other departments to resolve service and product issues, and delight our customers
- Evaluate and recommend products or services to management as a direct result of customer suggestions and needs
- My pet chicken blog
- Other duties assigned
Chicken Dreams Job Requirements:
1. You must currently raise a flock of pet chickens. We want to hire someone who is already involved in the hobby and has experience with pet chickens. And it would be better, in fact, to suffer from Chickenmania, or to suffer with Chicken Math every year. This is one of the things that sets us apart from other hatcheries, and makes My Pet Chicken the best place to go for people who want to start out with a small flock! Our company was founded with one goal in mind: to connect people with chickens. We can do this better when we hire people who are passionate and knowledgeable about raising backyard chickens. As a company, we really want our customers to discover the joys of keeping a herd in our backyard, so we want to hire people who will enjoy being an integral part of the process as much as we do.
2. You must have a fast computer with a fast internet connection. You’ll be using your own computer and your own internet connection when you work, and we don’t want to keep customers waiting for a slow connection or a slow processor.
3. You must have a quiet place to work. This can be a separate office or just a quiet place during business hours. The main thing is that while talking with customers on the phone, you must be able to hear customers, and they must be able to hear you. For chatting and emailing, you still need a site free of distractions. The sound of a rooster crowing in the background is totally acceptable, of course!
4. You must be able to work these days: To meet our current need, prospective employees must be available to work at least 3 shifts per week Monday-Friday between the hours of 10am-6pm EST. In addition, all applicants must be able to commit to working Mondays and, during the busy season, one or two Saturdays per month.
Other qualifications for the chicken dream job:
- Polite phone behaviors
- independent intrinsic motivation
- Master your computer, including browsing, email, chat, office software, and other essentials.
- Ability to learn order processing, inventory and content management systems with training
- Accuracy of spelling and grammar and the ability to express yourself clearly in writing
- Problem-solving skills
- Meticulous attention to detail with note taking and follow up
- Knowledge/knowledge of pet chicken and poultry products
- Collaborative mindset as a team player
- Compassion and enthusiasm for human care
- Advanced email management (setting filters, managing replies, using labels, etc.)
- Blogging/writing experience
- Photography skills
More about My Pet Chicken’s dream job
My Pet Chicken’s high season coincides with the hatching season, which runs from February/March through September. As a result, you can expect more scheduled hours during this time frame, and reduced hours from October through January/February. However, during the slower time of year, you will be able to complete training. Additionally, in future years, employees are encouraged to take in extra hours by crafting and submitting blog posts for the My Pet Chicken Blog.
Keep in mind that I have no personal opinion on who gets hired! Your application will go to the Human Resources department.
How to apply for the chicken dream job
Click here, fill in and submit the information to apply for this chicken dream job.
Understand that we will assess your experience, writing ability, chicken knowledge and ability to follow written instructions based on your application email, so be sure to proofread and carefully consider your responses before submitting your application.