Celebrate the holidays with a sweet and savory treat from Chocolate Covered Peppermint Graham Crackers. These are the perfect desserts that you can quickly make for yourself or share with loved ones!
Why you should make these Chocolate Covered Graham Crackers
If you cover anything with chocolate, then right away gets 10x better, right!?
Same concept here. Graham crackers are delicious on their own, but adding some chocolate and peppermint extract makes them one whole new level!
This recipe is perfect for lighter Christmas treat. The holiday season is bombarded with sweet treats and sometimes you just want something a little less sweet.
Now don’t get me wrong, that’s not him best for your health, but it can be better some of the other options!
Need another reason to make these? They make a great gift. You can wrap them in a thematic bag and decorate with a ribbon. Simple, sweet and delicious!
ingredients you need
You don’t need an endless pantry to make these Chocolate Covered Graham Crackers. You only need three or four ingredients and you’re good to go!
- chocolate chips
- Graham crackers
- Peppermint Extract
- Optional: coconut oil
Tips and tricks for chocolate covered graham crackers
Maybe you’re looking for a little help making these Chocolate Covered Graham Crackers, then you’ve come to the right place! I have several ways to mitigate any complications you might encounter.
- Take as little time as possible when reheating your chocolate chips. If you microwave it for 30 seconds and a few small pieces still come out intact, use a spoon to mix the chocolate together until smooth.
- Start with a small amount of peppermint extract. Mix it into your chocolate and then taste it. The smell can be overwhelming and you won’t know if you’ve found the right balance until you taste it!
- Don’t worry if your graham crackers keep breaking. It’s inevitable that a few will end up in crumbs. Use what you can. If you only have small pieces, they’ll all taste the same no matter what.
- Be sure to use the wax paper as instructed!
- Confused about the coconut oil? When you add it to your chocolate, it doesn’t impart a coconut-like flavor to your chocolate. You would use one very small amount!
Would like more?
If you try these Chocolate Covered Peppermint Graham Crackers, leave a 5-star rating and comment below! This helps me a lot and encourages others to try the recipe too!
You can also share a photo of your creation by tagging me on Instagram! I would love to see how it turned out!
You might also want to try mine:
Pen NOW to TO SAVE for later