The Crab salad recipe is a creamy seafood salad that is quick and easy to prepare.
Faux crab is tossed with celery and scallions, then tossed with homemade dressing and spices until perfectly creamy and crispy!
It’s a filling and flavorful dish that can be served as a side salad or as a light lunch!
What is crab salad?
- Crab Salad is a simple salad made from simple ingredients!
- This recipe uses imitation crab, which means it is less expensive and can be enjoyed anytime!
- The dressing is super easy to make and very versatile. Add ingredients to make it spicier or sweeter depending on your preference.
- Served cold, this salad is awesome preferably in seafood salad recipes. It’s great as a simple salad on top of crackers, on a bun sandwich, or with some pasta for a crab pasta salad.
Ingredients for crab salad
Crab: My favorite way to use this recipe is imitation crab. Imitation crab, as the name suggests, does not contain crab and is sometimes added to sushi. Usually made with white fish and a combination of other ingredients, it serves as a substitute for real crab meat. It is cheaper and has a milder, sweet taste.
Dressing: This smooth and creamy dressing pairs perfectly with mildly seasoned crab meat and celery. The spices and sweet relish add a hint of sweetness.
Additions: For a little more flavor I add spring onions and diced celery for the crunch. Add sweet cucumbers, finely diced red peppers, or other favorite foods.
Variations: Replace the crab meat with shrimp or shrimp. Add some hot peppers or a dash of hot sauce like sriracha to give it the kick it needs.
How to make crab salad
A crab salad is a quick and easy side dish or light lunch!
- Mix together all the ingredients for the dressing.
- Cut up the crab meat. Mix all ingredients and season.
- Refrigerate and then serve according to the recipe below.
Save the crab salad
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
- Due to the mayonnaise and sour cream in this recipe, it would not be advisable to freeze it.
More lettuce for sandwiches!
Did you make that crab salad? Leave us a rating and a comment below!
Nothing beats the creamy and crunchy flavor of this homemade crab salad!
Whisk together all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
When the crab is chopped into chunks, chop into small pieces.
Mix gently with a spoon. Season with salt and pepper.
Refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve over bread or salad.
- Finely diced red peppers
- Sweet cucumbers
Calories: 332 | Carbohydrates: 23G | Protein: 7G | Fat: 23G | Saturated Fatty Acids: 4G | Polyunsaturated fat: 13G | Monounsaturated fatty acids: 5G | trans fats: 0.1G | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 866mg | Potassium: 96mg | Fiber: 2G | Sugar: 6G | Vitamin A: 288IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 0.4mg
Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary depending on cooking method and brand of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photos are protected by copyright. Sharing this recipe is both encouraged and welcomed. Copying and/or pasting complete recipes to social media is strictly prohibited. Please see my Photo Usage Policy here.