A simple yet powerful combination of crispy chickpeas and Brussels sprouts.
Crunchy Brussels sprouts and chickpeas
Sometimes it’s the simplest ideas that make for the best meals! I’ve been obsessed with this chickpea and Brussels sprouts combo for years and have actually shared this recipe on Instagram before, but I’m making it official by sharing it on the blog.
The key here to getting this legume and veggie combo as crispy as possible is not to overstuff it on the sheet pan and then drizzle liberally with olive oil! And turn up the heat according to the recipe.
How can you enjoy this combination? The possibilities are endless, but here are some of my favorite ways:
- In a grain bowl with some goat cheese or feta,
- On a kale salad with some craisines,
- folded into a quesadilla,
- In a bowl of fried or scrambled eggs — bonus points for anything bagel flavors, or
Simply as a snack!
However you decide to enjoy these Crunchy Brussels Sprouts & Chickpeas, I hope it becomes one of your favorite recipes this season!
crispy Brussels sprouts and chickpeas
- 16 oz Brussels sprouts, cut into thirds or quarters (cut into quarters if they’re large Brussels sprouts – you want them thin enough to crisp up in the oven!)
- 1 (15 ounces) Can of chickpeas, drained, rinsed and patted dry
- 3 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place the Brussels sprouts and chickpeas on a baking sheet lined with baking paper, drizzle over 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season with the garlic powder, salt and pepper. Roast for 25 minutes or until sprouts are crisp, turning halfway through.