Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may receive a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any product or service from this website.
This Curried Lentil Salad is a hearty, healthy dish packed with flavor and vibrant color – the perfect vegan and gluten-free lunch or picnic side!
Table of contents
- Ingredients for curry lentil salad
- How to Make Curried Lentil Salad
- Curried Lentil Salad with Roasted Cauliflower Recipe
I’m always looking for new ways to change up my lettuce game, especially since it’s been warm and sunny here in the Pacific Northwest. This Curry Lentil Salad could become my new favourite! It’s full of veggies, full of flavor, and full of plant-based proteins… and it’s so pretty to look at!
Ingredients for curry lentil salad
This bright and colorful dish is loaded with veggies! Hearty lentils, roasted cauliflower, sweet carrots and spicy pickled red onions combine with fresh coriander and a simple curry powder vinaigrette.
- French lentils – The secret to chewy (not mushy) lentils is to use French lentils or Lentils du Puy. These lentils are smaller than your traditional brown lentils and have a firmer skin. This means they keep their texture when cooked without turning into mush.
- cauliflower has a crunchy texture and mild flavor that I think goes perfectly with any curry!
- garlic powder – We use garlic powder in both the salad and the dressing to add just the right amount of flavor and kick.
- curry powder – The star of every great curry dish is a fantastic curry powder. Each curry powder mix tastes a little different, so use the one you like best!
- Freshly grated carrot gives the salad a nice crunch and earthy sweetness.
- pickled red onions are spicy, sweet and a bit crunchy. i used mine Quick pickled red onion Recipe for an uncomplicated taste explosion.
- Fresh coriander – The delicate green leaves provide a fresh citrus taste.
- olive oil, apple cider vinegar etc Dijon mustard together form the basis for our simple curry vinaigrette dressing.
How to Make Curried Lentil Salad
This Curry Lentil Salad is the perfect no-fuss meal when you’re in the mood for something hearty but are short on time. This recipe can be made in just an hour!
- Cook Lentils until soft, then drain and set aside
- Add to Put the cauliflower in a bowl, drizzle with olive oil, add the spices and throw until evenly coated. roast meat until the edges are browned.
- preparation the remaining vegetables for the salad.
- whisk Mix the oil, vinegar, mustard and spices together in a small bowl put aside.
- Add to Place drained lentils, roasted cauliflower and remaining vegetables in a large bowl, to water when dressing and throw until well combined.
- Enjoy hot or cold!
This Curry Lentil Salad can be enjoyed as is or served over veggies. You can also make it a heartier meal by tossing it with some rice or adding additional roasted veggies like sweet potatoes or squash. It’s also perfect for easy meal prep as it can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.
If you’re looking for more lentil dishes, you’ll love this one too Warm lentil salad with roasted vegetablesThis Hearty sweet potato and lentil soupand this Stuffed peppers with curry lentils!
Finally, if you make this recipe and decide to pass it on Facebook or Instagramdon’t forget to tag me @FromMyBowl + #FromMyBowl! I love seeing your delicious replicas 🙂
For the salad:
- 1 1/2 cups 320 g French lentils* (Lentils de Puy)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder divided
- 1/2 head of cauliflower cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper Optional
- prize from salt
- 1 carrot peeled and grated
- 1/4 Wrapped Cup Quick Pickled Red Onions
- 1/2 Bunch of coriander thinly chopped
For the vinaigrette*:
- 1 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt-free curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
Preparation: Preheat oven to 425F and line or grease a baking sheet. Sort and rinse the lentils, then place them in a large saucepan and cover with water (3-5 cm above the lentils). Add 1 teaspoon of garlic powder and a generous pinch of salt to the lentils, then stir to combine. Bring everything together to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, until lentils are tender, 25-30 minutes. Drain well, then set aside.
Roast the cauliflower: Meanwhile, place the cauliflower in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, then add curry powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper (optional), and salt. Turn the cauliflower until all the pieces are evenly coated, then place on the baking sheet. Bake on the top shelf of the oven for 30-35 minutes until the edges are browned.
Make the dressing: Prepare the remaining vegetables for the salad. Whisk together the oil, vinegar, mustard, curry powder, and salt in a small bowl until well combined; put aside.
Assemble: Place the drained lentils, roasted cauliflower, carrot, pickled onions, and cilantro in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the bowl, then toss until well combined. Season with additional salt if needed.
surcharge as requested; Leftovers will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days and can be served hot or cold.
- Lenses: French lentils are different from brown lentils; They keep their shape and stay firm after cooking. They’re harder to find than regular lenses – some specialty stores may carry them, or you can buy them online.
- Vinaigrette: For an oil-free option, do this Curry Tahini Dressing instead of this
Calories: 235kcalCarbohydrates: 34GProtein: 14GFat: 5GSaturated Fatty Acids: 1GPolyunsaturated fat: 1GMonounsaturated fatty acids: 4GSodium: 136mgPotassium: 666mgFiber: 16GSugar: 3GVitamin A: 1769ieVitamin C: 26mgCalcium: 46mgIron: 4mg