serving 4 serving
- 16 oz Definitely gluten free
- 8 the cup Vegetable broth
- 1-2 spoon White miso paste
- 2-3 spoon Vegetarian butter salty
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 the cup Vegan Parmesan grated
- salt to test
- Bell pepper to test
Optional, for garnish
- olive oil Extra Virgin, for completion
- Lemon flavor to test
- Red pepper flakes to test
Add vegetable broth to a medium or large pot and bring to a boil. Add the pastina and reduce to a simmer, cooking according to package directions. Pastina should be cooked and most of the liquid should be absorbed. You are looking for a consistency close to risotto, but a little bit looser. You can adjust the texture to your liking by adding more or less broth.
Reduce heat to low, then toss in vegan butter, garlic powder, and vegan parmesan. Stir to combine, making sure the butter and miso paste are completely melted.
Season with salt and black pepper, adjust to taste, and finish with additional Parmesan and any other desired toppings.
The post Vegan Pastina appeared first on Veggiekins Blog.