This Detox Smoothie is perfect for when you need a little reboot! It’s a blend of spinach, apples, pineapple, banana, almond milk, protein powder, and a dash of cinnamon. Flavorful, fun, and nutritious.
If you love green smoothies you need to try out my Green Smoothie Bowl or my Tropical Green Smoothie.
Easy & Healthy Green Smoothie Recipe
Sometimes all it takes is a good smoothie recipe to get my healthy eating back in gear. And this Green Detox Smoothie fits the bill! I love making this smoothie after a night (or two) of less-than-healthy eating to get myself back on track.
Honestly, I’m game anytime I can sneak healthy greens like spinach into any recipe. And not only does this smoothie mask out the spinach flavor perfectly (you can’t taste it at all!) but it has so many other mouthwatering flavors without being too sweet.
Bananas and pineapple add a tropical-like feeling to the smoothie and then the lemon and green apple comes in with their bitterness that rounds the smoothie out. Plus, there’s protein powder and almond milk that also makes the smoothie rich and creamy.
My favorite part is the dash of cinnamon! I love adding a dash of spices to my smoothies that make you wonder “what is that flavor?”. It makes it taste a little earthy and sweet, in a completely different way.
What Makes This Detox Smoothie Slimming?
This Detox Smoothie is a great option when you’re trying to lose a few pounds or maintain a healthy weight.
- There is very little fat in this recipe. Sometimes you can add various fats to smoothies (like avocado or coconut oil), but with this recipe, we leave them out.
- Tons of fiber! There is a lot of fiber in this smoothie which is not only great for helping you feel full, but it aids in digestion.
- It’s a great swap for non-so-healthy breakfast and lunch items. When you swap out a meal with this smoothie, you’re eliminating unnecessary carbs and fats that you would normally be eating.
Here is what you need to make this Detox Smoothie. Keep in mind that the exact amounts for each ingredient are below in the recipe card.
- Spinach: Using fresh spinach is best for this recipe. It blends well so that there are no bits and pieces of the leaves.
- Green Apple: I love the bitterness that the apple adds to the smoothie. Go ahead and keep the skin on for more fiber!
- Frozen Pineapple: You could use frozen mango if you’re out of pineapple.
- Banana: I like to freeze portions of my bananas so that they are ready to go for smoothies.
- Vanilla Protein Powder: Use your favorite brand or omit if you do not have any.
- Cinnamon: The cinnamon is great in this recipe! You could also try Pumpkin Pie Spice, nutmeg, or even a dash of cayenne (keep it small!!).
- Unsweetened Almond Milk: You could also use water.
How to Make a Detox Smoothie
The best part about smoothies is that they are so easy to make! Here’s what you need to do:
Add all of the ingredients to a high-speed blender. Remember that you don’t even need to peel the apples! Keep those skins on for extra fiber.
And then put the blender to work! Turn the blender on until everything is pureed.
Pour into a glass and serve right away. Garnish with some banana slices if you’d like!
Tips & Variations
Here are some helpful tips for making healthy smoothie recipes. Plus a few ways that you can mix this recipe up!
- Use frozen fruit when possible. Whether it’s the bananas or pineapple chunks, it’s best to use frozen fruit so that the smoothie is thick and chilled once pureed.
- Use another dairy-free milk instead. You could also use oat milk or another one of your favorite dairy-free milk options for this smoothie. I don’t suggest canned coconut milk though, as it has a higher amount of fat.
- Too sweet? If the smoothie tastes too sweet to you, add a few extra squirts of lemon or lime juice.
- Not sweet enough? Add a drizzle of honey or you could substitute the almond milk with orange or pineapple juice to add a little bit more sweetness. Keep in mind though, doing so will also add a tad more sugar to the smoothie.
What goes well with this Detox Smoothie? Here are some of my favorite ideas for when I need a little extra to go with the smoothie or if I’m serving it to the kids.
- Kid-friendly breakfast: The kids love the breakfast combo of smoothies and muffins. My Pumpkin Muffins with Cinnamon Streusel are always a hit. They aren’t too sweet and pair perfectly with the green smoothie.
- Post-workout snack: The best post-workout snack is this smoothie and my Protein Balls. Both help to restore my energy and don’t leave me feeling like I overindulged.
- On the go: I like to grab a small bag of my Homemade Granola when I’m on the go. I pack up the smoothie and my healthy snacks and I’m good to go for the morning!
Can I Make This Green Detox Smoothie In Advance?
Did you know that you can make smoothies ahead of time? I think it’s a great way to save time and a messy kitchen!
You can make this smoothie and keep it in a sealed cup or mason jar for 1-2 days. I like to make the smoothie at night (while my kitchen is already a mess from dinner!) and then pop it in the fridge for the next day.
Sometimes you need to give it a stir or a shake before drinking, but it’s still really delicious!
This Slimming Detox Smoothie is a great breakfast or postworkout snack option! It takes only a few minutes to make and has an assortment of ingredients with loads of health benefits. Spinach, banana, green apples, and pineapple are just a few fresh and healthy ingredients used to make this smoothie.
- 1 1/2 cups spinach
- 1/2 green apple, diced (with skin)
- 1/2 lemon, peel and seeds removed
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1/2 banana (fresh or frozen)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk or water
- Add all ingredients to blender. Blend until smooth and apple are completely pureed.
- Serving Size: 1 smoothie
- Calories: 315
- Sugar: 26 g
- Sodium: 443 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 46 g
- Fiber: 9 g
- Protein: 24 g
- Cholesterol: 0 g
Keywords: green smoothie, green detox smoothie, healthy smoothie recipes
More Healthy Smoothie Recipes
DON’T MISS A RECIPE ->
FACEBOOK | TWITTER | PINTEREST | GOOGLE+ | BLOGLOVIN