The Chicken Caprese is an Italian classic made into a full meal in one pot!
Chicken breast is prepared with bacon, garlic and tomatoes, then topped with parmesan and mozzarella cheese and a garnish of fresh basil. Precious!
Serve with pasta or roasted vegetables for a healthy family favorite.
Easy Chicken Caprese!
- This chicken dish brings together the flavors we love in our popular classic Caprese Salad in an easy one-pot recipe.
- This dish is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner. It uses fresh ingredients and is quick to prepare.
- Effortless cleaning with just one pot to rinse!
Ingredients for chicken caprese
Chicken – Use fresh, boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Skinless chicken thighs can also be used in place of chicken breast.
bacon – Bacon provides a hearty and smoky flavor.
tomatoes – Fresh tomatoes, especially cherry or grape tomatoes, become irresistibly sweet and tender when cooked, making a deliciously fresh “sauce”.
Cheese – Fresh mozzarella cheese and a sprinkling of Parmesan complete this recipe. You can also use other favorite cheeses like provolone, romano or asiago.
basil – Fresh basil leaves really take this dish to the next level.
extras – Drizzle with a tangy balsamic glaze. Add some mushrooms or asparagus with the garlic for extra flavor. You can even add some capers or sun-dried tomatoes.
How to make chicken caprese
- Fry the bacon and set aside. (Some drips may need to be removed from the pan.)
- Fry the chicken in the bacon fat and set aside.
- Add garlic and sauté, then stir in wine and butter to deglaze pan.
- Add the chicken and tomatoes to the pan and continue cooking (according to the recipe below).
- Top with cheese and grill, then garnish with basil and bacon before serving.
This dish goes perfectly with pasta or even with roasted zucchini or vegetables.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
- Leftover chicken caprese can be frozen for up to 1 month.
Did your family love this chicken caprese recipe? Please leave a comment and rating below!
Easy Chicken Caprese
This fresh and easy Chicken Caprese is a one-pan dinner that’s light, elegant and tastes divine!
In a 10-inch skillet, fry the bacon until crispy. Remove the bacon from the pan and set aside, reserving the drippings.
Season the chicken with salt, black pepper and Italian seasoning.
Heat bacon fat over medium heat and add chicken. Fry for 3-4 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the pan and place on a plate.
In the same pan add 2 cloves of minced garlic. Fry until fragrant. Stir in wine and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the butter.
Return the chicken breasts to the pan along with the cherry tomatoes. Simmer the chicken and tomatoes, uncovered, for about 5-7 minutes, or until the tomatoes are cooked through and slightly soft.
Sprinkle 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese over the chicken and tomatoes. Place pan under broiler for 1 minute, or until cheese is melted and bubbling.
Garnish with crumbled bacon, parmesan cheese and fresh basil leaves.
Cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of the chicken breast. The chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165°F. Don’t overcook.
Calories: 310 | Carbohydrates: 16G | Protein: 27G | Fat: 13G | Saturated Fatty Acids: 2G | Cholesterol: 76mg | Sodium: 179mg | Potassium: 590mg | Fiber: 1G | Sugar: 2G | Vitamin A: 307IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 2mg
Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary depending on cooking method and brand of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photos are protected by copyright. Sharing this recipe is both encouraged and welcomed. Copying and/or pasting complete recipes to social media is strictly prohibited. Please see my Photo Usage Policy here.