This chocolate mousse recipe is so easy and so delicious, it’ll be an instant family favorite!
Light and fluffy and ready in minutes, chocolate mousse is a sweet surprise for any occasion!
Easy chocolate mousse
This is an easy shortcut to making chocolate mousse. It’s deliciously decadent and lighter and more airy than chocolate pudding.
- It just takes time three ingredients and a minute or two.
- The secret to a homemade flavor in this chocolate mousse recipe is the unsweetened cocoa powder for a boost of dark chocolate flavor!
- chocolate mousse is perfect for last minute meetings. It’s so quick and tastes decadent!
- Easy peasy and so delicious rich. Top it with whipped cream or your favorite berries!
Ingredients for chocolate mousse
pudding mix – Feel free to choose any flavor of pudding mix you like! Sugar-free options work just as well. Experiment with vanilla, pistachio, banana or even coconut mousse, or try adding extracts like vanilla, banana or coconut.
dairy – Opt for full-fat dairy to achieve that luxurious, rich and creamy texture we love.
toppings – Let your creativity take over your mind and body! A dollop of whipped cream never disappoints, and fresh fruit or berries add a touch of natural sweetness. Elevate your dessert with grated white or dark chocolate, crumbled cookies, festive sprinkles, or even a drizzle of homemade strawberry or caramel sauce for an extra touch of indulgence
How to make chocolate mousse
- Mix all ingredients with an electric mixer for 1 minute.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator.
How long does chocolate mousse keep?
- Chocolate mousse will keep in the fridge for about 4 days, so it’s perfect for making ahead of time. Just before serving, simply add toppings like whipped cream or fresh fruit.
- Freeze chocolate mousse for up to 2 months and thaw in the fridge or freeze in popsicle molds and enjoy a frozen treat!
More chocolate recipes
Easy chocolate mousse
This quick chocolate mousse recipe is a rich creamy chocolate dessert and only takes a few minutes to make!
In a medium bowl, mix together cocoa powder and instant pudding powder.
Add the heavy cream and mix with an electric mixer on medium for 1 minute.
Pour into serving bowls and serve immediately or refrigerate.
Garnish with whipped cream, fresh berries, mint or whipped cream.
Freeze for up to 2 months, thaw in refrigerator before serving.
Calories: 668 | Carbohydrates: 34G | Protein: 4G | Fat: 58G | Saturated Fatty Acids: 36G | Cholesterol: 204mg | Sodium: 475mg | Potassium: 235mg | Fiber: 1G | Sugar: 23G | Vitamin A: 2200ie | Vitamin C: 0.9mg | Calcium: 117mg | Iron: 0.7mg
Nutritional information given is an estimate and will vary depending on cooking method and brand of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photos are protected by copyright. Sharing this recipe is encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting complete recipes to social media is strictly prohibited. Please see my photo usage policy here.