Make your own personalized pizza in minutes with this easy Tortilla Pizza Recipe! Easily adjusted and doubled or tripled, you can make homemade pizza for the whole family with little effort.
The BEST tortilla pizza
We have pizza on repeat for our weekly meal plans. It’s a hit with everyone in my family and easy to whip up…for the most part. While I love a fresh homemade pizza crust, that’s not always going to happen on a casual weeknight. Keyword: tortilla pizza!
Tortilla pizza is the answer to all your pizza night problems. You simply omit the pizza dough in favor of a store-bought tortilla, and then add your favorite toppings. You’ll end up with a perfectly crispy, personalized pizza that you and your whole family will obsess over. It’s faster and easier than ordering!
Ingredients in tortilla pizza
- Big tortillas – Be sure to shop the wide range. Usually around 10 inches or sold as “burrito size” or “gordita style”. Use a gluten-free tortilla or low-carb tortillas if desired, but you’ll need to adjust the baking time as they tend to burn more easily.
- sauce – You can use a classic pizza sauce like marinara sauce or get creative and use something different like enchilada sauce or pesto.
- Cheese – I like to use mozzarella cheese, but you can use any cheese or cheese mix you like (parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese or even ricotta are all great)
- toppings – see topping suggestions below, but the sky really is the limit! Vegetables or meat (pepperoni, ham, sausage, etc.) are great ideas.
How to make tortilla pizza
STEP 1: PUT PIZZA ON
Place your large tortilla on a baking sheet and cover with sauce, spreading evenly. Leave a small border around the tortilla to serve as a crust. Sprinkle with cheese and your desired toppings.
STEP 2: BAKING + CUTTING
Place in the oven for 5-10 minutes or until lightly browned and cheese is bubbling. Allow the pizza to cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Topping Ideas + Variations
Classic margarita – just your classic tomato sauce, cheese and some fresh basil.
Vegetarian – Add a few tablespoons of fresh tomatoes, red onions and red or green peppers. Olives are great too, if you like them.
meat lover – Add about 1/4 cup meat like pepperoni, cooked sausage, or ground beef.
Pesto – Store-bought or homemade pesto instead of pizza sauce. Top with the cheese of your choice.
Mexican style – Use enchilada sauce instead of pizza sauce. Garnish with a mixed Mexican cheese and your choice of toppings.
BBQ style – Use BBQ sauce instead of pizza sauce.
buffalo style – Use buffalo sauce instead of pizza sauce and top with blue cheese sprinkles.
frequently asked Questions
Can you double this recipe?
Absolutely! This recipe can easily be doubled, tripled, or made for as many mouths as you like.
Can you bake tortilla pizza in the toaster?
Yes, you can definitely make these in the toaster. Just follow the instructions and cook in your toaster. Note that you may need to cut in half and bake each half individually or on different racks.
Can you make tortilla pizza in the air fryer?
Yes indeed. You place your fully prepared tortilla pizza in your Airfryer basket and let it sit for 6-8 minutes. You can also reheat leftovers in the air fryer for 1-2 minutes.
can you do this before
I personally wouldn’t recommend it. You could assemble everything a few hours in advance and refrigerate before baking.
can you freeze
You could, but I don’t recommend it. If you want to freeze this recipe, you can assemble your pizzas and then wrap them in plastic wrap and then aluminum foil. When done, place in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes.
How to store leftovers:
Place pizza slices in an airtight container and refrigerate for 1-2 days. Reheat on the stovetop in the oven or in the air fryer (see instructions above).
More pizza recipes
Make your own personalized pizza in minutes with this easy tortilla pizza recipe! Easily adjusted and doubled or tripled, you can make homemade pizza for the whole family with little effort.
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 mins
- Total time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 1 portion 1X
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Kitchen: Italian
- Diet: vegetarian
- 1 large flour tortilla (plain or whole wheat)
- 1/4 cup Sauce (see options above)
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese (or preferred cheese)
- toppings: as desired (options above)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place your large tortilla on a baking sheet and cover with sauce, spreading evenly. Leave a small border around the tortilla to serve as a crust.
- Sprinkle with cheese and your desired toppings.
- Place in the oven for 8-12 minutes or until lightly browned and cheese is bubbling. Keep an eye on your pizza so it doesn’t burn.
- Allow pizza to cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Keywords: Tortilla pizza, tortilla pizza
SUBSCRIBE TO THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join over 20,000 members of the THM community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!