Welcome to the May 2023 edition of Fit Foodie Cooking Club! This month we’re making one of our top rated desserts of all time – Honey Peanut Butter Scotcheroos.
What is the Fit Foodie Cooking Club?
The Fit Foodie Cooking Club is a monthly cooking challenge that will get you started in the kitchen from scratch!
We thought there was no better way to bring our virtual community together than by making the same recipe every month to celebrate real food.
Join the club!
Fit Foodie Cooking Club
Be the first to hear about Recipe of the Month + get more Fit Foodie Cooking Club announcements straight to your inbox!
May 2023 – The details
Read the details below VERY carefully as we want to make sure your entry counts! If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments of this post.
Recipe of the Month: Honey Peanut Butter Scotcheroos
Is there anything better than a Scotcheroo? You just can’t beat the peanut butter, caramel, and chocolate combo. This is a great dessert bar for picnics, birthday parties, potlucks, and just for a tasty treat!
And our Honey Peanut Butter Scotcheroos are made without corn syrup and white sugar and taste better than the OG.
Why You’ll Love Them!
Serves a crowd
Better than the OG
Easy to do
No white sugar or corn syrup
All About Honey Peanut Butter Scotcheroos
ingredients you need
- Peanut butter: Our go-to peanut butter for baked goods is Smuckers All-Natural.
- Honey: Honey is used for both sweetness and stickiness.
- Rice crispies: You can use either regular rice crispies cereal or brown rice crispies. We tried this recipe with both.
- Chocolate Chips: The chocolate topping consists of chocolate chips. You can use either semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips.
- Butterscotch chips: Every Scotcheroo deserves its fair share of butterscotch chips!
- coconut oil: Coconut oil is used to soften the chocolate coating slightly, making it easy to bite through.
Many of our recipes call for natural peanut butter that is dripping wet. This Smuckers Natural Peanut Butter is one of our favorite dripping nut butters. Go ahead and stock up your pantry.
Serving a crowd: Feel free to slice these healthy Scotcheroos into giant squares for a filling dessert, or slice them into bite-sized pieces for a sweet treat that will serve a crowd.
Freeze them! We love keeping our bite-sized Scotcheroos in the freezer for an easy dessert that we can just put on a platter and serve!
Turn those bars into balls!
Since we’re big fans of bite-sized desserts, we tested this recipe by rolling the scotcheroos into balls and dipping them in chocolate. We promise you will love it. That’s how it’s done:
- Once you’ve mixed your bottom layer together, use a tablespoon cookie scoop to scoop the “batter” into your hands.
- Roll the Scotcheroos into balls. Sometimes getting your hands wet helps. Put them aside.
- Make the chocolate layer as directed.
- Roll each ball in the melted chocolate and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Freeze for 1 hour to ensure the chocolate has set.
How to enter
Now that you know how to make the recipe, it’s time to submit your creation!
- Go to Honey Peanut Butter Scotcheroos Blog entry.
- Make the recipe and take a picture of it.
- Leave a comment on Honey Peanut Butter Scotcheroos Blog post with a photo of your creation so people know how it went. We would appreciate a star rating, but we don’t have to. Don’t forget to leave your name and email address in the comments form, this is how we will contact the winners!
Join the Fit Foodie Cooking Club on Facebook!
Join the Fit Foodie Facebook fun and join our FREE Facebook group. The Fit Foodie Cooking Club group on Facebook is a way to share your cooking creations and make new like-minded friends online.
Tuesday, May 2, 2023 – the first day you are eligible to submit an entry.
Tuesday, May 30, 2023 – the last day to submit your photo and comment.
Wednesday May 31, 2023 – Winners will be chosen at random and announced on this blog post and on social media.
2 entrants will each win a $100 Lululemon Gift Card. Selection will be random and based on comments received between May 2nd and May 30th, 2023.
Winners will be announced on the last Wednesday of the month (May 31, 2023) via social media and blog post.
charity of the month
Each month we choose a different charity to support. The charity of the month May 2023 is the National Alliance for Mental Illness Minnesota (Nami). We’re doubling our giveaway winners’ match to donate $400 NAMI to support their efforts.
NAMI Minnesota is a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of children and adults with mental illness and their families. For over 40 years, NAMI Minnesota has worked to advance the development of community mental health programs and services, change public attitudes about mental illness, improve access to services, and improve opportunities for recovery.
To accomplish this mission, NAMI Minnesota works with people living with mental illness, their families, professionals, and the wider community by providing education, support, and advocacy.
We would appreciate it if you support our monthly charity and donate what you can.
When you feel so inclined Donate to NAMI HERE.