Image courtesy of facebook.com/bottomsupbagels
There’s always a lot going on in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- In case you missed it last week, Chef Avishar Barua opened his new restaurant Agni in the Brewery Quarter. They had some technical issues with bookings earlier in the week, but are now online. We got a little preview last week! Click here to read all about Agni and its offers.
- Baltimore-based Bottoms Up Bagels will be popping up at The Daily Bar (883 N. Fourth St. in Italian Village) March 16-26. The pop-up will be open Thursday and Friday from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., or until sold out.
- We hope you’re in the mood for fried chicken! Three new fried chicken joints are opening this week or next. First up, CM Chicken (aka one of our obsessions) has opened its third store in Central Ohio, this one at 5947 S. Sunbury Rd. in Westerville. This is the former home of Restaurant Gena. Joins Pickerington Shops and North West Side.
- Second, a new Korean fried chicken joint called bbq.chicken is making its debut at 17 E. Lane Ave., next to campus.
- And OX-B’s will be celebrating the grand opening of its newest store on Thursday, March 16th. This is their fifth location overall, including stores in Newark, Lancaster and the Short North. It takes over the former Chef Rich’s Kitchen space at 2521 W. Schrock Rd.
- The Hocking Hills Comfort Food Cruise is back for another weekend, March 11-12. Guests can purchase a pass for $20 and then visit 12 local businesses to try samples of different comfort foods.
- Business First showed off a new cafe called G’s Shepard Springs Café that was announced for the Shepard neighborhood in Columbus.
- This Saturday, March 11th, Charmy’s Persian Taste will be hosting a buffet lunch at Hills Market Downtown.
- Hot Chicken Takeover and Late Night Slice have joined forces in a new dish: Unicorn Fries. Available at HCT locations, it pairs its fries with Mikey’s Unicorn Dip and HCT Ranch.
- Subourbon Southern Spirits & Kitchen is hosting a brunch-for-dinner event on Tuesday, March 28th. The meal will include three courses paired with brunch cocktails for $45. Reservations can be made by calling the restaurant or stopping by.
This week I also write:
Want to keep up with more? Follow me on Instagram at @breakfastwithnick, check out the news archives, find travel inspiration, explore the breakfast map or…
Success! You are on the list.
Wow! An error occurred and we were unable to process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.