Image courtesy of instagram.com/dineatagni
There’s always a lot going on in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- Reservations open for chef Avishar Barua’s new Brewery District restaurant Agni on Sunday, March 5 at 5 p.m. Barua opened Joya’s Cafe in Old Worthington last fall. Located at 761 S. High St., Ambrose & Eve’s newest location, Agni is a live-fire restaurant described as Barua’s version of Midwestern patio barbecue.
- Slammie’s on High, an offshoot of Slammer’s downtown bar, opens today at 6pm at 1607 N. High St. in the former Aracri Pizzeria space in the Gateway University District.
- The Rail Burger Shop will open its second Central Ohio location next week on Wednesday, March 8 at 1064 Dublin Rd. at Grandview Crossing.
- The Blank Slate Coffee truck announced this week that they are ending their seven-year Gahanna run. The owners shared on social media that they have a new chapter on the way, although they haven’t shared any details yet.
- The South End Cafe officially opens to the public on Monday, March 6. It is located at 1951 Parsons Ave.
- In case you missed the news, Jeni’s Ice Creams posted one Ted Lasso-this week’s themed ice cream called Head Cookies. It is available on their site and in stores nationwide. Liberation binds with Ted Lassothe third season, which premieres on March 15.
- The Hocking Hills Comfort Food Cruise is back this weekend and next, March 4-5 and March 11-12. Guests can purchase a pass for $20 and then visit 12 local businesses to sample different comfort foods.
- MySomm is hosting a five-course dinner with wine pairings with Domaine Joseph Mellot next week on Thursday, March 9 at Local Roots in Powell.
- Schmidt’s Sausage Haus is celebrating Bahama Mama Day on Monday, March 6th! The day was established 37 years ago by Mayor Buck Rhinehart in celebration of Schmidt’s 100th birthday in 1986. On that day, you can get half-off Bahama Mama sandwiches and entrees at the German Village restaurant.
This week I also write:
Want to keep up with more? Follow me on Instagram at @breakfastwithnick, check out the news archives, find travel inspiration, explore the breakfast map or…
Success! You are on the list.
Wow! An error occurred and we were unable to process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.