There’s always a lot going on in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- The 614 broke the news this week that Katalina’s will open a third location next summer. It is located at 480 W. Town St. of Franklinton, formerly the Close Quarters Playhouse. I chatted with owner Kathleen Day, who confirmed the news this week.
- Food truck Phillip’s on Wheels announced last week that it had closed. The slider hot dog truck was an extension of Phillip’s Coney Island, which had opened in 1912 in Franklinton before closing in 2016 when its building was demolished.
- A new breakfast place called Big Apple Breakfast Co. celebrates its grand opening on Monday, December 5. Operates Worthington Pizza Primo at 895 High St. and serves breakfast sandwiches, French toast sticks, chicken and waffles, coffee and more.
- Several sources reported this week that Gregory Stokes, co-owner of Accent Wine downtown, has purchased The Bottle Shop in Victorian Village from its original owners.
- Bubbly Hall, a new food hall coming to New Albany, will have a soft opening on Thursday, December 8, with a full grand opening the following week.
- A new vendor called Masa Mexican Grill is coming to Eastern Market soon.
- As reported last week, a new coffee shop and cocktail bar called Bada Bean Bada Booze has its grand opening today at 231 E. First Ave. in Italian Village.
- Watershed Distillery’s Nocinofest returns from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. this Saturday, December 3. The festival features product samples, local vendors, free bites from Watershed Kitchen & Bar and the debut of their new Black Walnut Old Fashioned.
- Zen Bee Meadery is more or less officially open at its new location at 480 E. Wilson Bridge Rd. in Worthington. The tavern and facilities are open for tastings and bottle purchases from 4 to 8 p.m. Wednesday through Saturday.
- A new nightclub, bar and karaoke room called FOMO is celebrating its grand opening this weekend, December 2-3. It is located at 165 N. Fifth St. downtown, next to Holy Trinity Brewing Company and District West.
- 614 also reported this week that fried chicken spot OX-B’s, which just opened a location inside the Short North BrewDog, is also adding a Westerville location at 2521 W. Schrock Rd.
- The Columbus Coffee Festival, Columbus Underground and Seventh Son Brewing will host Brewed!, a festival featuring coffee brews at Seventh Son this Sunday, December 4th.
This week I also write:
Want to keep up with more? Follow me on Instagram at @breakfastwithnick, check out the news archives, find travel inspiration, explore the breakfast map or…
Success! You are on the list.
Wow! An error occurred and we were unable to process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.