There’s always a lot going on in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- After being closed since late 2021 due to a fire, Legacy Smokehouse in Hilliard is reopening this Saturday, May 26. Located at 3987 Main St., the Legacy building now includes a second-floor bourbon bar called Rickhouse 41.
- Jeni’s Strawberry Jam returns this weekend, May 27-28 at Land-Grant Brewing, featuring Jeni’s ice cream, loads of strawberries from local farms, Fox in the Snow, food trucks, beer, live music direct and much more.
- Business First This week he broke the news that Toledo’s Maumee Bay Brewing will open a location in Shawnee Hills in the same plaza as the new Boston Stoker coffee shop. (Check out Maumee Bay’s original brewpub on our Two Days in Toledo trip.)
- Echo Spirits is releasing its first bourbon this Saturday, May 27 at 10 a.m. at its bottle shop and cocktail bar. They offer a 95 proof bourbon version and a barrel proof version.
- Rose Dough Donuts is teaming up with Little Ladies Soft Serve this Sunday, May 28th to create Donut Ice Cream Sandwiches. You can order them from the Little Ladies store from 1pm that day.
- Business First also broke the news that Creole Kitchen will be moving from its longtime home in Mt. Vernon Ave. at 795 E. Long St. next year
- The owners of Great Harvest Bread in Hilliard announced the store will close on May 31.
- Middle West Spirits scooped eight ASCOT awards this week for its spirits, including the three from its Double Cask collection, which are now sold as a set.
This week I also write:
- Afternoon tea and breakfast at the Cambridge Tea House
- We’re crazy about The Crazy Cucumber, the best pickles in Columbus
- Indulge in the taste of summer with Bob Evans’ fresh seasonal berry dishes
- Ride a Canal Boat at Johnston Farm in Piqua (Ohio.org)
- Kee Downtown is an all-in-one stop for food, drinks, coffee, art, games and events
Want to keep up with more? Follow me on Instagram at @breakfastwithnick, check out the news archives, find travel inspiration, explore the breakfast map or…
Enter your email and click the button to receive my weekly email 8 things to do, eat, see and drink. By clicking submit, you agree to share your email to receive emails from me.
Success! You are on the list.
Wow! An error occurred and we were unable to process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.
The post Friday Food Bites: Legacy Smokehouse reopens, Jeni’s Strawberry Jam this weekend, Maumee Bay Brewing appeared first on Breakfast With Nick.