Image courtesy northmarket.org
There’s always a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- Amy Lozier, owner of Omega Artisan Baking in the North Market, announced this week that the stall will be closing after next Wednesday, Nov. 22. Omega has been a staple of the market, tucked into the southwest corner, for more than 22 years.
- A legacy Columbus brewery is set to make a comeback next week after being on hiatus for several years. Hoster Brewing is returning next week Wednesday, Nov. 22 at The Ohio Taproom, with a keg-tapping of its signature Hoster Gold-Top at 6 p.m. by the great-grandson of the founder. According to a Facebook post by the brewery, more details will be shared that night about additional Hoster beers returning.
- A new location of Austin-based Torchy’s Tacos debuted this week at 3726 W. Dublin Granville Rd. This joins an existing location off Polaris Parkway and a forthcoming one to Hamilton Road in Gahanna.
- A new Filipino BBQ spot called Manila Hibachi has opened at 3747 E. Broad St. in Whitehall.
- Business First reported this week that Standardized Brewing is coming early next year to the Evans Farm development in Lewis Center, at 5920 Evans Farm Dr.
- Speaking of Evans Farm in Lewis Center, a new butcher shop and wine bar called Prime & Vine recently opened at 5915 Evans Farm Dr.
- A new location of the 7 Brew drive-through coffee concept opened recently at 1637 Memorial Dr. in Lancaster.
- As announced last week, Riziki Swahili Grill has opened a stall in the incubator space at East Market.
- A location of the seafood boil restaurant Seafood Shake also opened recently at 3960 Morse Rd. near Easton.
- Experience Columbus is leading an effort to nominate more Columbus chefs, restaurateurs, and businesses for James Beard Awards. They offer some suggested nominations along with instructions on how to nominate more folks for the awards by Nov. 30.
- This Friday, Nov. 17, Echo Spirits celebrates the next release of its award-winning Queen’s Share rum. In addition to the rum’s release, they’re releasing a version aged in brandy barrels and hosting a holiday market outside.
This week I’m also writing:
Want to keep up with more? Follow me on Instagram at @breakfastwithnick, check out the news archives, search for travel inspiration, explore the breakfast map, or…
Success! You’re on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn’t process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.