There’s always a lot going on in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- Preston’s Burgers has officially opened at its new location at 2973 N. High St. in Clintonville (the old Buddha Bowl, Blunch space). Currently the schedule is from Tuesday to Sunday, from 4 to 8 p.m
- The highly anticipated Columbus Brewing Company Beer Hall is holding a series of ticketed soft opening events this weekend. Located next to Eastern Market in the historic Trolley District, the 13,000-square-foot space will feature 24 beer taps and a food menu. It will officially open to the public on Monday, February 20.
- The new South End Cafe will also open on Monday 20 February. Located at 1951 Parsons Ave., the cafe is a Community Development for All People social enterprise, providing jobs to those who face barriers to employment.
- North Market Bridge Park announced the Market Bar Vinoteca, a wine bar and retail store coming this spring. Owned by the same team behind the Market Bar, the wine bar will be located at the opposite end of the market from the existing bar.
- The burger shop BurgerIM at 121 S. High St. it closed quietly for the past two weeks.
- A new vegan-focused cooking show recently filmed in Columbus and premiering April 20th! Hosted by Chad Goodwin, owner of 4th & State and Eden Burger (read my 2021 Columbus Monthly profile of him), is called the series Top Vegan and was filmed at Columbus State’s Mitchell Hall. It will feature eight contestants and premiere on YouTube. Learn more at topvegantv.com!
- Several sources shared this week that the owner of Mr. Hummus Grill has sold its two locations to the owner of Kebab Hummus Grill and the stores will reopen under that name. Hummus Grill owner Terek Albast said he will still open a location in nearby Bubbly Hall in New Albany and one on North Fourth Street in Italian Village.
- Victor’s Taco Shop, which has half a dozen locations across Ohio, will open a new store at 3450 O’Connell St. in Powell today, February 17th.
- We have a new coffee shop in town! Michigan-based Qamaria Yemeni Coffee Co. opened its first Ohio location at 3221 Hilliard Rome Rd. in Hilliard. The shop specializes in Yemeni coffees and beverages and has locations in Michigan and Texas.
- Kyushu Ramen Bar announced that it will be adding a second location at 6418 Pullman Dr. at the Lewis Center.
- Katzinger’s Deli in German Village reopens next Tuesday, February 21st after an upgrade. The upgrades will include the reopening of its dining room, which has been closed since the start of the pandemic.
- Next week Tuesday, February 21st is Mardi Gras! Celebrate by visiting a local restaurant like Way Down Yonder, Creole Kitchen, Way Down Yonder Beignets & Coffee. Or find a local bakery that makes paczki!
This week I also write:
Want to keep up with more? Follow me on Instagram at @breakfastwithnick, check out the news archives, find travel inspiration, explore the breakfast map or…
Success! You are on the list.
Wow! An error occurred and we were unable to process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.