There’s always a lot going on in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- Waves Bar & Kitchen opened in late December at 828 E. Long St. in the King-Lincoln Bronzeville neighborhood. The restaurant serves pub grub, pizzas, burgers, wings and more.
- The recently closed Marshall’s Restaurant in Grandview announced that the bar and patio portion will soon reopen as a new establishment called the Grand Tavern. An opening date has not yet been set.
- If you’re a fan of Smith & Wollensky, this is your last chance to visit it in Easton! After 20 years, the brasserie’s lease is up and they’re closing to relocate (new location not yet announced). Smith & Wollensky’s last day in Easton is Saturday, January 14th.
- Filipino restaurant Bonifacio, which has a restaurant in Grandview and a stop at the Budd Dairy Food Hall, is introducing a new concept called Gabriela: Filipino Kantina in Cincinnati next week. The preview will take place on January 19th at Mojave East in Cincy. Gabriela will fully open this spring.
- Highline Coffee Co. of Worthington reopened this week under the ownership of Kittie’s Cakes. The cafe now offers Kittie’s cakes.
- Two more locations of Kroger’s new in-house prepared food markets, Mix Food Hall, opened this week at stores in Clintonville and Dublin. Each Mix Food Hall has several food vendors under the same ordering system.
- In case you missed it, First Watch opened a new location, this one with a full bar and updated design, at 6505 Dublin Center Dr. from Dublin
- Last week, dive bar JimmyIuka’s on Parsons Avenue closed up shop.
- The Whitney House is temporarily closed to update the space and menu. It will reopen on Tuesday, January 24.
- Business First announced that Austin-based Torchy’s Tacos, which opened a location near Polaris and has one in Dublin, will open a third location at 6042 N. Hamilton Rd.
- Fat Girl Bakery in Lewis Center announced on social media this week that they will be closing on Feb. 15 to relocate to 6457 Hamilton Rd. (currently headquarters of Carsonie’s Pizza).
- After a two-year hiatus, a romantic sit-down Valentine’s Day dinner is coming back to White Castle! Select locations will offer holiday decorations and table service on February 14th. Advance reservations are recommended.
Want to keep up with more? Follow me on Instagram at @breakfastwithnick, check out the news archives, find travel inspiration, explore the breakfast map or…
Success! You are on the list.
Wow! An error occurred and we were unable to process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.