There’s always a lot going on in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- Owner Geno Garcia shared last week that the Jack & Benny’s Barnstormer location inside OSU Airport has closed. He claimed on social media that the airport terminated his lease. The Barnstormer location had opened in November 2013; The original Jack & Benny’s location at Hudson and High is still open (thankfully!).
- The owners of Kittie’s Cakes and Highline Coffee Co. announced that Kittie’s owners, Steve and Diane Herman, had purchased the Old Worthington Cafe and would be taking over as of January 8th. The store will begin carrying Kittie’s cakes; the owners indicated that the name might change as well.
- Columbus Monthly He broke the news this week that Preston’s Burgers will be leaving North Market Downtown after Dec. 30 and moving to Clintonville, in the former Buddha Bowl space at 2973 N. High St. Preston’s planned expansion into a new development in Groveport has also been called off.
- Hai Poke announced this week that it has opened a stand in North Market Bridge Park.
- After a fire broke out in its basement this week, The Rossi in the Short North is temporarily closed.
- Schmidt’s Sausage Haus announced this week that it will begin setting up outside Section 116 at Nationwide Arena during Columbus Blue Jackets games. Schmidt’s signature sausages and cream puffs will be served at the stand.
- White Castle announced that it will close its Short North location at 965 N. High St., after the service on Saturday, Dec. 24. The sliding chain has had a store in the neighborhood since 1968.
- Last day to enjoy beers at North High Brewing’s original location, 1288 N. High St. in the Short North, it’s Wednesday, December 28.
- After two years, New India Restaurant at 5226 Bethel Rd. brings back its buffet on Christmas Eve from noon to 9 p.m
- Columbus Underground’s Sweet Treats dessert festival will return on January 28, 2023 at the Municipal Light Plant.
This week I also write:
Want to keep up with more? Follow me on Instagram at @breakfastwithnick, check out the news archives, find travel inspiration, explore the breakfast map or…
Success! You are on the list.
Wow! An error occurred and we were unable to process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.