This Frosé slushies are the perfect summer cocktail. They are made with sweet rose wine mixed with fresh lemon, strawberries and a dash of honey.
Easy Wine Slushy Recipe
I’ve known about the frosé trend for a while, but only recently tried it. And I’ve been officially hooked ever since.
I mean, who wouldn’t love a refreshing, juicy cocktail made with rose wine, some honey, strawberries and lemon? This is summer cocktail perfection!
What does froze mean?
Frosé is simply “frozen rosé”. A hybrid of the two words, it’s the tastiest mixed summer cocktail ever!
Who doesn’t love a wine slushy?
What is Frose made of?
This frosé recipe is made with super easy, sweet and fresh tasting ingredients!
- Rose wine: I recommend a full-bodied, darker rosé. Its stronger flavor is less likely to be diluted after mixing.
- Ice: The ice gives the frosé the classic mushy texture.
- Frozen Strawberries: The strawberries provide natural sweetness and underline the taste of the wine. Besides, they’re basically making a smoothie out of this, aren’t they? 😉
- Lemon: For the best flavor, I recommend fresh lemon juice.
- Honey: Honey is my natural sweetener of choice, but you can use plain syrup instead.
How to make froze
This refreshing frozen rosé recipe is ready to enjoy in just minutes!
- Combine and mix: In a blender, combine wine, ice, frozen strawberries, lemon and sweetener. Stir everything until smooth.
- Taste, adjust and serve: Taste and adjust as you like, then serve immediately.
Does Frosé taste like wine?
Yes! In the best sense! The taste of the wine comes into its own and is further enhanced by the addition of fruit, sweetener and lemon.
It’s the perfect balance of sweet, tart, tangy and refreshing!
tips and hints
- Adjust according to taste. Homemade cocktails are the best because you can make them any way you like. Play with the ingredient amounts to find the best flavor balance for you!
- Start with less sweetener, Then add more after tasting it. I like mine a little less sweet, but others like it sweeter. You can always add more!
- If the froze is not thick enough, You can add more ice cream or berries. Alternatively, you can pour the mixture into a casserole dish, cover and place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Add more fruit. Try frozen watermelon, raspberries, peaches or a combination!
- Make it more alcoholic. Would you like to add an extra kick to your cocktail? Try adding a shot or two of vodka or tequila blanco.
How to store it
For the best flavor and texture, serve this cocktail immediately after mixing!
If you want to make it ahead of time, you can blend the drink, pour into ice cube trays and freeze. When ready to serve, simply blend again, but remember that the drink will lose some of its flavor if left in the freezer.
More summer cocktails you’ll love
Pin this recipe to save for later!
- 1/2 bottle rose
- 2 cups Ice more as needed
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/4 Cup Honey or simple syrup of your choice
In a blender, combine rose, ice, frozen strawberries, lemon and 2 tablespoons honey or simple syrup. Mix until well blended. Once you’ve made plain syrup, put the extra sweetener in your fridge for later use.
Taste it and add more sweetener before serving depending on how sweet you want it! If it’s not thick enough, add more ice or frozen berries as needed.
- If your frosè isn’t thick enough, pour it into a baking dish, cover and place in your freezer for at least 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
- Simple basic recipe for syrup:
- In a small saucepan, add 1/4 cup sugar of your choice and 1/4 cup water.
- Cook over low heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Set aside to cool and refrigerate until ready to use.