Succulent Grilled Chicken Fajita Kabobs are ready in under 30 minutes! Made with lean chicken breasts, peppers, onions and a simple homemade fajita seasoning.
Quick and Easy Chicken Fajita Kabobs
Elevate your classic grilled chicken skewers with Chicken Fajita Skewers! These chicken fajitas are basically a summer meal on a skewer, waiting to be eaten on their own or in a tortilla!
Eat them as is or serve them in a bowl or burrito! The possibilities are endless with this simple healthy dinner idea.
Latest BBQ Recipes
What you need
Chicken: We use chicken breasts for this recipe, but feel free to substitute boneless, skinless thighs.
Pepper: Choose any 3 types of peppers. We love using 3 different colors.
onions: red, yellow or white onion work.
Oil: We used olive oil, but you can also use avocado oil.
Fajita Seasoning: This simple spice mix is made with cumin, garlic powder, chilli powder, paprika, salt and pepper. PS: If you have our homemade fajita seasoning handy, feel free to use that too!
Make your own all-purpose fajita condiment at home with just 6 basic condiments! You can use our Homemade Fajita Seasoning Recipe for chicken, steak, veggies, soup and more.
Get the recipe
- Eat as is: The easiest way to eat these fajita kabobs is as is! Just take it off the skewer and enjoy.
- Serve as a bowl: Make a meal out of these kabobs and serve them with cilantro lime rice, avocado dressing and black beans. PS Check out our Chicken Burrito Bowl Casserole for a similar recipe!
- Make a burrito/taco: We love chicken fajita burritos! Simply wrap your kebabs with rice, beans and cheese and enjoy as a burrito!
What to do with leftovers
If you have leftover chicken fajita kabobs, there are a few things you can make with them.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
- Prepare your meals by portioning leftovers and placing a serving of rice and beans in meal prep containers.
- Prepare frozen burritos by following our easy tutorial for an easy on-the-go lunch.
- 16 oz. Boneless skinless chicken breast cut into squares (3 medium breasts)
- 3 big peppers chopped into squares (any color)
- 1 medium purple onion chopped into squares
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chilli powder
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon sea-salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lime cut into columns
- fresh coriander chopped
Preheat the grill or oven to 400°F.
Prepare the peppers and onions by cutting them into 1 inch squares. Place them in a gallon-sized bag and add a tablespoon of olive oil. Shake to cover with oil.
Prepare the chicken breasts by cutting them into 1″ x 1″ pieces (making sure they’re all about the same size) and then transferring them to another gallon-sized bag.
In a small bowl, combine the fajita seasonings to create your rub.
Add half of the spice mix to the vegetables and the other half to the chicken. Shake well and let sit for 10 minutes.
Now make your kababs. Alternate between the peppers, onions, and chicken until all the skewers are filled.
Place a piece of aluminum foil on the grill and spray cooking spray on it.
Grill the chicken skewers over direct heat for about 15 minutes, turning every 4-5 minutes. Cook until the chicken’s internal temperature is 165°F.
Remove from heat, squeeze lime juice (this part is crucial) and sprinkle with fresh cilantro. Enjoy!
Calories: 216kcal Carbohydrates: 13G Protein: 28G Fat: 6G Fiber: 4G Sugar: 7G