These Grinch Truffles are such a fun and easy Christmas Treat. They are basically oreo-balls in a fun new way! You also do a peanut butter or cookie dough version!
Grinch Truffles are just a different version of Oreo-Balls. You could mix up the flavor and do Mint Oreo Balls or Nutella Oreo Balls as well. Super easy to make in just minutes, with no oven required. A food processor or a blender helps these come together in no time, and then you just get to dip them and turn them into Grinch themed treats!
Why You’ll Love These Grinch Truffles
- Quick and Easy to make
- Simple Ingredients – you just need 4 things you can get at the regular grocery store!
- Festive – these are super fun and great for any Christmas party, Grinch party or when decorating the Christmas tree.
What You’ll Need
Be sure to scroll down to the recipe card to get the measurements and full instructions!
- Oreo Cookies
- Cream Cheese
- Green Melting Chocolate – I used Wilton Vibrant Green disks. See notes below for using white chocolate and coloring it green as an option.
- Heart Sprinkles
How To Make Grinch Truffles
- Blend – add your Oreo and cream cheese to a food processor or blender and process until well combined and smooth.
- Roll – use a small cookie scoop or about 1 Tablespoon and roll the mixture into balls and place on a baking tray. Chill for about 1 hour for them to set up before dipping.
- Dip – Melt the green chocolate disks in a bowl and using 2 forks dip each ball into the chocolate to coat. Place on the baking tray. Immediately top with a heart sprinkle. Repeat with the rest of the oreo balls.
- Chill – Put the baking tray in the fridge and let them set up for about an hour for the chocolate to harden.
Recipe Tips & Suggestions
- Chocolate. Can’t find the green melting disks? No worries! Just use white almond bark and mix in a little bit of green food coloring to get the bright green color you want. You will want to use GEL FOOD COLORING (it needs to be oil-based) if you go this route. The liquid food coloring can cause the white chocolate to seize up and be hard to work with.
- Change The Flavor. You can use any flavor of Oreo that you like and you could even use a different flavored cream cheese. Vanilla oreos with strawberry cream cheese would make for a delicious combo!
- Decorations. I used a single heart sprinkle on the top for these to be Grinch themed, but you can use anything you like. If you don’t have heart sprinkles you can use red colored sugar, or red and green sprinkles, or even pipe on a red heart with frosting. You can get creative and decorate any way you like!
Can I Use Something Other Than Oreos
You get get super creative with these and really just need anything round that will pair with chocolate. Instead of dipping Peanut Butter Chocolate Balls in milk chocolate, use green chocolate. Or make Cookie Dough Truffles and dip in green chocolate. You could also use any truffle or candy recipe you have, or even mix it up and use other store bought cookies. Anything crunchy (Biscoff Cookies, Chips Ahoy Chocolate Chip Cookies etc) will work great.
I think these are best stored in the fridge. They will last in an airtight container for about a two weeks. They also FREEZE really well. Just place in an airtight container and put in the freezer for up 3-4 months. Let them come to room temperature before serving.
2 hours 20 minutes
- 1 (13.29 oz) package Oreo cookies
- 1 (8oz) package cream cheese
- 12 oz Wilton Vibrant Green melting chocolate
- 30 heart sprinkles
- Add oreo cookies and cream cheese to a food processer. I like cut cut the cream cheese into a few smaller pieces so it mixes easier. Process until well combined and smooth. Take off the lid and scrape down the sides as necessary.
- Using a small cookie scoop or about 1 tablespoon, scoop out balls and use your hands to roll into a nice ball. Place on a baking sheet.
- Chill for about an hour for them to set up before dipping.
- Place chocolate disk in a bowl and heat for 1 minute. Stir and heat for 20 second intervals until melted and smooth.
- Using 2 forks, coat oreo balls in the chocolate, tapping the fork on the edge of the bowl to get ride of any excess. Place on baking sheet and top with 1 heart sprinkle immediately after dipping each one.
- Let the Oreo truffles set up in the fridge for 1 hour before storing in an airtight container.
If you can’t find green chocolate, use white almond bark and green GEL BASED FOOD COLORING (it needs to be oil based, not liquid or it will the chocolate will seize).
Amount Per Serving
Calories 66Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 4mgSodium 14mgCarbohydrates 7gFiber 0gSugar 6gProtein 1g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Did you know there is a Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts SHOP? Lots of different E-Books for sale. Or you can buy me a coffee to say thanks!