Ground turkey with potatoes and spring peas, cumin and cilantro makes a quick and easy weeknight dinner.
Ground turkey with potatoes and spring peas
Don’t you love it when you conjure up something using random leftover ingredients and it turns out amazing? That’s exactly what happened here. This ground turkey with potatoes and spring peas was a huge hit with everyone in my house. For more of my favorite ground turkey recipes, try my Ground Turkey Skillet with Zucchini, Corn and Beans, Turkey Picadillo, and Ground Turkey Taco Skillet.
How to make this easy ground turkey dish
I buy a packet of ground turkey every week and I keep coming up with new uses. Here’s how to make this Ground Turkey and Potatoes recipe.
- Finely chop tomato, garlic and coriander.
- Roast the turkey and season with salt and cumin.
- Add spring onions, tomato mix, peas, potatoes, tomato sauce, water, cumin, salt and bay leaf.
- Cover and simmer over medium heat until potatoes are tender, about 25 minutes.
- Add more water if needed and remove the bay leaf.
What to serve with ground turkey with potatoes
We served this ground turkey over rice and the portions were extremely generous. You can also use cauliflower rice for a low carb option. If you want to skip the rice, double the potatoes or serve with roasted vegetables.
How to freeze
Leftover ground turkey and potatoes will keep in the refrigerator for three to four days or in the freezer for up to three months. To reheat, thaw overnight in the refrigerator and microwave until warm.
- Potatoes: Sub sweet potatoes for red potatoes.
- Peas: Use frozen peas instead of fresh. If you don’t like peas, swap them out for corn, black beans, carrots, or peppers.
- Tomatoes: Use a can of diced tomatoes if you don’t have fresh ones.
- Spice: Add crushed red pepper or jalapeño, or top with hot sauce to spice it up.
More Ground Turkey Recipes You’ll Love:
Yield: 5 portions
Serving size: 1 Cup
In a mini food processor or by hand, finely chop the tomato, garlic, and cilantro.
In a large skillet, sear the turkey and season with salt and cumin.
When meat is browned and cooked through, add scallions, chopped tomato mixture, peas, potatoes, tomato sauce, water, cumin, salt and bay leaf.
Cover and simmer over medium heat until potatoes are tender, about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add more water if needed. Remove bay leaf and serve with rice if desired.
Please leave a rating and a comment and let us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive and continue to bring free, high quality recipes to you.
Portion: 1 Cup, Calories: 209 kcal, Carbohydrates: 17 G, Protein: 21 G, Fat: 7 G, Sodium: 331.5 mg, Fiber: 3.5 G, Sugar: 1.5 G