There is perhaps no other dish that has caused such a stir as Hawaiian pizza. For some people, the pineapple belongs in the classic dough dish. But some others are pretty strong about the fact that the tropical fruit shouldn’t have anything to do with the Italian recipe. However, I see the distinctive appeal this dish has. Pineapples can add a refreshing quality to pizza like no other ingredient.
So if, like me, you appreciate this popular yet polarizing dish, how about making it yourself? I admit that not everyone has an oven that fits a whole pizza. That’s why I created this no-bake version of delicious Hawaiian pizza, which also teaches you how to make your own dough! All you need in terms of equipment is your pan and your stove!
What does Hawaiian pizza taste like without baking?
Some pizza lovers prefer a nice and thin crust over the thick, chewy ones. If you belong to the previous category, this recipe is for you! There’s a delightful crispiness you can achieve for the crust due to the cooking method for this no-bake pizza. But the flavor won’t vary too much from your pineapple-infused favorite. You can expect richness in our pizza sauce, as well as that nice stretch in every bite from our use of mozzarella cheese.
But we have one component for the batter here that might shock you – beer! This is actually quite helpful for making the dough rise while also enhancing the flavor of our pizza. And if you’re worried about the alcohol content, rest assured it will evaporate as we bake the pizza. With dough of course involved, a hearty meal awaits here.
Ingredients in Pizza Hawaii (No Bake)
CDO Sweet Ham
To increase the satisfying sweetness of our pizza we will use 75 grams of CDO Sweet Ham. Make sure to slice this to serve as a delicious pizza topping. I think it can be really great to include some meat in pizza to get a good amount of protein in the meal.
get yours ½ cup delicious pineapple treat also finished. Fruit can serve as the perfect flavor for your salty pizza. But the boost that pineapple provides isn’t just in the taste, it’s also in the nutritional value of your food. This component contains bromelain, which can be really good for the heart. That’s because it can help prevent certain cardiovascular problems, such as atherosclerosis. Bromelain can also reduce transient ischemic attacks, often referred to as mini-strokes due to the similarity in symptoms. The same enzyme may also help reduce inflammation after surgery.
What would a great pizza recipe be without the classic, rich flavor of tomatoes? While there are some great white sauce pizzas out there, there’s nothing quite like a tomato-based one to further enhance the flavor of your dish. For this recipe we will use ½ cup pizza sauce.
If you want your pizza to be as beautiful as it is delicious, you’re going to need it ¾ cup mozzarella cheese. As I mentioned earlier, this helps you achieve that gorgeous stretchiness you’ve probably seen countless times on pizza shown on TV. Not to mention that it adds a light, slightly milky flavor to our dish.
all purpose flour
We’re going to learn a little about being a baker for this recipe while we make our own dough! Start with 1 cup all-purpose flour.
Prepare yours too ½ teaspoon baking powder Just so the dough rises a bit.
Next on our list is sugar, which we don’t use too much of to keep the dough from becoming too sweet and ending up tasting like white bread. Proceed with only ½ teaspoon of this.
We will also work specifically with some salt ½ teaspoon of it, which helps balance the overall flavor of the dough. This also helps create a nice savory flavor when it comes to the crust.
Moving on to a rather exciting ingredient – ⅓ cup of beer.
Before we get to the actual cooking, we will certainly need 1 tablespoon cooking oil.
We have everything together now. Just put on your apron and get ready to test your kneading and cooking skills!
How to Make Hawaiian Pizza (No Bake)
1. Make the dough
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt – Do this thoroughly so everything is well integrated.
- Incorporate Oil and Beer – Mix this in with the rest of the ingredients as well.
- Kneading Your Dough – We will continue to do this until we get a nice, smooth texture. Then shape the dough into a ball and then place plastic wrap over it. Be careful not to wrap it too tightly. Then simply let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Rolling the Dough – When the time is up, you can start rolling your dough so that it forms a 10-inch circle.
2. Cooking the pizza
- Heat the Pan – Set your pan to medium-high heat and let it sit there for just 30 seconds.
- Prepare the dough – Now place your dough inside and place the lid on top. Continue cooking this over medium-low heat until large bubbles form on top, about three minutes. And to empty these bubbles, we’re going to prick them with a fork. Then turn the pizza to the other side to allow the dough to bake for another 2 minutes.
- Add Toppings – Spread your pizza sauce evenly over the dough. And then you can put your cheese, CDO Sweet Ham and pineapple treat on top. Put your cover back on top and then allow everything to cook until the cheese melts, which would take about 4 to 5 minutes.
3. Serve your Hawaiian pizza
- Serving the Dish – Transfer your finished pizza to a wide cutting board. And then just cut it into as many pieces as you want.
Leave your questions in the comments section below!
Pizza Hawaii (without baking)
- 75 grams CDO Sweet Ham cut
- ½ Cup Pineapple Treat
- ½ Cup pizza sauce
- ¾ Cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 Cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/3 Cup Beer
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
Make the pizza dough by mixing flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Mix well
Add oil and beer. Continue mixing until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
Knead the dough until smooth. Shape it into a ball. Wrap the dough loosely in plastic wrap. Leave to rest for 10 minutes.
Roll out the dough into a 10 inch circle.
Place the pan over medium heat for 30 seconds.
Place the pizza dough in the pan and cover with a lid. Set the stove to medium-low heat. Cook until large bubbles form on top, about 3 minutes. Prick the pizza crust with a fork to empty the bubbles.
Turn the pizza crust over. Continue cooking for 2 minutes.
Spread the pizza sauce over the dough. Garnish with cheese, sliced CDO Sweet Ham and pineapple treat.
Cover the pizza and bake an additional 4 to 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
Remove the pizza from the pan and place it on a wide cutting board. Disc. Serve and enjoy.
Calories: 1157kcal | Carbohydrates: 128G | Protein: 50G | Fat: 47G | Saturated Fatty Acids: 17G | Polyunsaturated fat: 7G | Monounsaturated fatty acids: 20G | Trans fats: 0.1G | Cholesterol: 113mg | Sodium: 3169mg | Potassium: 1146mg | Fiber: 7G | Sugar: 24G | Vitamin A: 1157ie | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 575mg | Iron: 9mg