Healthy Peanut Butter Chocolate Eggs (with Macha)
serving 8 serving
- 1/2 the cup Creamy peanut butter unsweetened, no added oil
- 1/3 the cup Blanched almond flour More as needed
- 2 spoon Maple syrup
- 1 1/2 spoon Official grade matcha powder Adjust to taste
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla bean paste
- pinch fine salt
- 2/3 the cup Dairy-free chocolate chips
- Flaky salt For the garnish
Start by preparing the matcha peanut butter filling. In a small bowl, add the maple syrup, vanilla bean paste, salt and sifted matcha powder and mix until smooth using a spatula.
Add the almond flour and stir again until a workable dough is formed. Add more almond flour as needed until you can easily roll a tablespoon or two of dough in your hands to form a flat egg shape. If the mixture is too soft, you can refrigerate or freeze for 10 minutes before coating.
Add your chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 15 second intervals, stirring until smooth.
Using a fork, scoop each egg shape into the filling and coat in chocolate, then transfer to a lined baking sheet. If desired, sprinkle a decorative pattern over the egg and finish with some flaky salt.
Let chill in the fridge until set and enjoy.
The post Healthy Peanut Butter Chocolate Eggs (with Matcha) appeared first on Veggiekins Blog.