The only thing better than a classic lasagna is a lasagna with hidden vegetables 🙂 As a mother of two, I am constantly thinking of new ways to make our family dinners delicious and healthy for my two children. Sometimes I give them vegetables as they are so they are used to seeing them in their original form, and other times I make dishes with mixed vegetables so they don’t even know they are there.
I grew up eating lasagna. I actually called my mom for this recipe because I love how she makes it. Then I added onion, zucchini and mushrooms to the sauce and meat mixture, and since they are so tender they mix well. You can’t even taste them!
Rubbermaid is new DuraLite™ The line of ovenware is the perfect dish for this lasagna! It is the hardest but lightest baking utensil because it is resistant to breaking and chipping. It’s made of a revolutionary type of glass material that’s both oven and grill safe up to 550 degrees F (compared to the 450 F tolerance of other glass pan sets).
The best part is that you can bake, serve and reheat right from the same plate. It comes with a case for easy transport (did I mention it’s lightweight!), as well as in a variety of shapes and sizes. Available at Target!
Recipe for this vegetable lasagna hidden below!
Hidden vegetable lasagna
- 1 box of lasagna noodles
- 1 package of minced meat
- ½ onion, chopped
- ½ cup chopped mushrooms
- ½ cup diced zucchini (cut into small cubes)
- 2 24 oz sauce jars
- 16 oz of ricotta
- parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Olive oil
- Boil lasagna noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Add olive oil to a large pan and fry the onion, mushrooms and courgette until tender
- Add the minced meat and cook
- Pour in 1 ½ jars of sauce and let it boil
- Pour a cup of sauce into the bottom of your 9×13 Duralite baking dish
- Layer 5 lasagna noodles
- Add 1 cup of salsa mixture and spread over top
- Add ½ cup ricotta and spread
- Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Repeat with another layer of noodles, sauce, ricotta and parmesan
- Add the third layer of noodles and top with the sauce
- Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese and 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes at 375F
- Remove the aluminum foil and bake for another 5 minutes
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes
Spinach for breakfast https://www.spinach4breakfast.com/
This recipe is in partnership with Rubbermaid.