This easy and delicious Italian Chicken Pasta recipe is packed with large chunks of chicken, tender artichoke hearts, and sun-dried tomatoes.
Pasta night is the best night at our house, not only for the kiddos (who are pasta fanatics), but for that busy working mom who’s all about a quick and easy weeknight dinner! Most pantries always have some pasta on the shelf, and chicken breasts are a freezer staple. This Italian Artichoke Chicken Pasta is made with mostly pantry staples and is ready in just under 20 minutes! So you can focus on more important things.
- Pasta: I like to use whole wheat pasta when it’s available for the higher fiber, but use whatever you have! I usually like penne or loops.
- Chicken breast: A good lean protein that is both easily accessible and affordable.
- White wine: I like to use wine to deglaze the pan as it gives the sauce a nice acidity, but you can use chicken broth too!
- Artichoke hearts: A jar of artichoke hearts is a great way to add a touch of flavor to many dishes, and it’s a low-sodium, fat-free food that’s packed with lots of vitamins.
- Sun-Dried Tomatoes: Packed with nutrients and antioxidants, sun-dried tomatoes have a sour, pungent flavor usually accompanied by herbs and spices.
- Garlic: Nutty, aromatic and a bold flavor essential to Italian pasta.
- Olive oil: Heart-healthy and mild in flavor, it helps to cook the chicken and brown it evenly.
- Parmesan cheese: Salty, nutty and slightly spicy taste that rounds off the dish perfectly.
- Basil: I like to season this pasta dish with fresh basil to make it slightly peppery and sweet.
How to make Italian Chicken Pasta with Artichokes
Start by chopping your sundried tomatoes and basil.
Then cut the chicken breast into cubes and season with a little salt and pepper.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add your pasta. Cook according to package directions, drain and set aside, reserving about a cup of water.
While the pasta is cooking, heat some olive oil over medium-high heat and add the chicken. Cook until evenly browned.
Remove the chicken and use the white wine or chicken broth to deglaze the pan, using a wooden spoon to scrape off any bits stuck to the bottom.
Then add the sun-dried tomatoes.
And with a microplane add the garlic. Cucumber for about 30 seconds.
Then add the artichoke hearts.
And the reserved chicken. Season with a little salt and pepper.
Add the cooked and drained pasta along with a tablespoon of olive oil. If the dish seems a bit dry, add some reserved pasta water.
Finish the dish with Parmesan cheese and fresh basil, stirring until evenly incorporated.
Serve and enjoy your Artichoke Italian Chicken Pasta!
Frequently asked Questions:
What is the most popular Italian pasta?
There is a lot of Italian pasta, but penne is very popular!
How many types of pasta are there in Italy?
From what I’ve seen, there are hundreds of pasta types in Italy! I think around 400, many with different variations and names.
How do you store leftover Italian pasta?
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
More one pan recipes
Have you tried this recipe and like it? Next time you make it, take a picture and share it with your social networks! Tag @thelemonbowl and #thelemonbowl so we can admire and share your dish.
Dinner will be on the table in no time and the whole family will be happy with my Italian Chicken Pasta with Artichokes.
Your fork is waiting.
Italian chicken pasta with artichokes
This easy and delicious Italian pasta recipe is packed with large chunks of chicken, tender artichoke hearts, and sun-dried tomatoes.
Save to Favorite RecipesSaved!
Cook whole wheat pasta according to package directions, reserving 1 cup of the starchy cooking liquid for later.
Heat a deep skillet over medium-high heat and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
Sprinkle the chicken cubes with salt and pepper and add to the hot pan. Sear the chicken until browned, about 5-7 minutes, then remove from the pan with a slotted spoon. put aside.
Add the white wine to the hot pan to deglaze and use a wooden spoon to scrape off any browned bits. Add the garlic to the pan and heat until fragrant, about 30 seconds, before stirring in the artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes, and reserved diced chicken.
Stir the cooked pasta into the saucepan along with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and Parmesan cheese. If the noodles seem a bit dry, add some of the reserved starchy cooking liquid. Season with salt and pepper and stir in the basil before serving. Serve warm.
Portion: 1.5cupsCalories: 555kcalCarbohydrates: 49GProtein: 35GFat: 21GSaturated Fatty Acids: 3GCholesterol: 76mgSodium: 619mgPotassium: 625mgFiber: 2GSugar: 1GVitamin A: 1190ieVitamin C: 26.6mgCalcium: 130mgIron: 3.5mg