Lean Ground Beef is a grocery staple and a versatile protein for the whole family! Here are some of our best quick and easy ground beef dinner ideas and recipes for the next time you’re wondering what to do with ground beef.
Ground beef has many benefits.
- It’s affordable. Ground beef is one of the cheapest types of meat you can buy.
- Everyone in the family will be delighted child friendly Protein!
- In moderation it is healthy (Beef is packed with protein, iron, zinc and vitamin B12).
- Ground beef can be the perfect complement in recipes that include other important food groups, especially vegetables. There are many Ways to Use Ground Beef (Not Just Hamburgers).
The recipes on this list are not only good for you, but also delicious and filling.
These delicious recipes are guaranteed to please everyone – kids and picky eaters included!
Classic ground beef recipes
These classic ground beef recipes are the nostalgic ground beef dinners from your childhood. These will make you feel like you’ve gone straight back to your childhood dining table, but with improved flavor.
Ground beef soups, stews and chillies
Some of our favorite ground beef recipes include these hearty and cozy soups. Great for meal prep, these soups are perfect for busy weeknights.
Ground beef casseroles and pasta
There’s something about ground beef and pasta that screams home cooking. These easy recipes are just that.
Kid-friendly ground beef recipes
Serving ground beef for dinner is a quick way to keep the kids at the table happy.
Mexican inspired ground beef recipes
Asian-inspired ground beef recipes
These healthy ground beef recipes are based on Asian flavors like garlic, ginger, soy sauce and a touch of honey.
Peppers stuffed with minced meat
Stuffed peppers are easy, healthy and delicious. They can be seasoned any way you like and you can add whatever is in the fridge. Hello weeknight dinner! You can use ground turkey, chicken, or beef in many of my stuffed pepper recipes.
Freezing and thawing ground beef
Ground beef is freezer friendly, so stock up next time it’s on sale.
- Ground beef can be frozen for 4 months. According to the US Department of Agriculture, ground beef can be stored in the freezer indefinitely. However, I recommend consuming the meat within 4 months.
- Freeze. Place the package of ground beef in an airtight, freezer-safe container. For extra protection, wrap the meat in plastic or freezer paper, followed by a layer of foil. Then place in an airtight, freezer-safe container.
- To thaw. Thaw in the fridge. Once thawed, ground beef can be safely stored in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
Tools for ground beef recipes
- casserole dish. Perfect for preparing many of those easy ground beef recipes.
- Cast iron pan. This pan is versatile and will last a lifetime.
- chef’s knife. Everyone needs a good, sharp knife. This is great for shredding the veggies in many of the delicious ground beef recipes.
- mixing bowls. These Pyrex mixing bowls are dishwasher, microwave and freezer safe.
- air fryer. This is the one I own and love. Perfect for the Air Fryer Hamburgers.
- slow cooker. Perfect for all those soups, stews and chillies.
- instant pot. The Instant Pot really does it all.
- casserole. Ideal for everything from roasting, baking, frying and more. I also like this cheaper option.
frequently asked Questions
Ground beef is healthy in moderation. Ground beef is packed with protein, iron, zinc and vitamin B12. If possible, opt for a leaner ground beef (85% or more).
On most stovetops, a pound of ground beef will take about 7 to 10 minutes to brown over medium-high heat. Cook ground beef to an internal temperature of 160 degrees F.
Ground beef does not need to be rinsed before cooking. Rinsing meats like ground beef and chicken can spread harmful bacteria to kitchen surfaces.
Draining the excess fat from the ground beef after browning can make the dish slightly healthier, although most recipes don’t require it unless you have done it a lot of extra fat. The leaner you choose ground beef, the less fat you have. Remember to dispose of your grease properly and not down the sink drain!