This delicious roasted cauliflower salad with curry, chickpeas, cranberries and creamy yogurt dressing is sure to become a staple in your recipe rotation.
About the recipe
This Easy Roasted Cauliflower Salad is a flavor-packed dish that one nutritious and delicious way to enjoy more plant-based meals.
It offers a hearty blend roasted cauliflower, chickpeas and red onion with sweet and sour cranberries and crunchy cashew nuts. And don’t forget the addictive potential creamy and savory yoghurt dressing that brings it all together.
Whether you are looking for one healthy lunch, meal prep salad, delicious side dish or souvenir for a potluck or get-together, This salad makes it possible!
This Broccoli Apple Salad, Spicy Italian Pasta Salad, Quinoa Salad with Roasted Vegetables, and Kale Peanut Salad with Brown Rice are also available great choice for salads to prepare.
what you will need
Please Scroll to the bottom to find the full recipe with ingredient measurements.
This section contains notes on specific ingredients and possible substitutions, followed by a step-by-step visual overview of how the recipe is prepared.
For the roasted cauliflower salad
- Cauliflower: You’ll need a whole head of cauliflower, although the amount doesn’t have to be exact. Mine yielded about 8 cups of chopped cauliflower.
- Chickpeas: Canned chickpeas are good, but you can make your own if you prefer. You will need about 2 cups.
- Red onion: You will need 2 small or 1 large red onion, or enough to make about 2 cup slices. Again, there’s no need to be precise.
- oil: You can use any cooking oil you like, like avocado oil, grapeseed oil, or olive oil.
- Spices: You need curry powder, cumin, garlic powderground ginger and Cinammon.
- cranberries: Use dried cranberries or substitute raisins or chopped dates.
- coriander: You need fresh coriander.
- cashew nuts: The cashews are optional but nice for added texture and crunch. Buy them roasted or roast them in a pan or oven over low heat until golden brown, or you can buy dry roasted cashews. Pumpkin seeds, pecans, or sunflower seeds would all work as well.
For the creamy dressing
- Yogurt: Any plain plant-based yogurt will work, as long as you like the taste. I used Riviera coconut yogurt.
- mayo: Use a vegan mayo of your choice.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar works well, although you could substitute lemon juice or even white vinegar if you have that.
- maple syrup: Agave or honey are suitable substitutes.
- curry powder: Use a mild yellow curry powder.
Step by step instructions
Step 1: Roast the cauliflower and chickpeas.
add the Cauliflower, chickpeas and sliced red onion to a big bowl with 1 tbsp oil.
Next, add the seasonings and season with salt and pepper. lasttoss well to coat with the oil and spices.
Distribute the mixture Spread evenly between two baking sheets and roast for 28-30 minutes. Shake and rotate pans halfway through baking.
Step 2: make the dressing.
Meanwhile, using the same large bowl you mixed the cauliflower in, add everything Add dressing ingredients and mix until smooth and creamy.
Step 3: Toss the salad.
When the cauliflower is done roasting, let it cool slightly Add to the bowl with the dressing along with the cranberries, cashews and coriander and mix everything.
frequently asked Questions
Yes. You can use frozen cauliflower and roast it from frozen without thawing it.
Instead of cauliflower, you can also prepare this salad with sweet potatoes, pumpkin or carrots.
Absolutely! The flavors only improve over time, so don’t hesitate to make it a few hours to a day in advance.
It also keeps in the fridge for up to 4 days, but if you’re making it for an occasion I wouldn’t make it more than 1 day in advance.
- Try chopping the cauliflower and red onion evenly sized pieces so they cook evenly.
- Use high temperatures for frying. The recipe calls for roasting at 425 F, so be sure to follow this to achieve caramelization of the red onion and cauliflower.
- Don’t overfill the pan. Fry the cauliflower and chickpea mixture in two pans. You want the pieces to have some room so they toast and caramelize instead of steaming and getting mushy.
- do before. If you have time, try making this salad a few hours before serving so the flavors really have time to blend. But it’s also totally fine to enjoy it right away!
Variations & Additions
This salad is a great base for experimenting with different ingredients and flavors. Here are a few ideas:
- Add 1-2 cups of roasted sweet potato or swap out the cauliflower whole for sweet potatoes.
- Add up to 1/2 cup grated carrot.
- Add diced red green paprika.
- Add a few handfuls Spinach, kale or arugula.
- Add 2-3 tbsp additional finely chopped fresh Herbs like parsley or mint.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Leftovers can be enjoyed cold or warmed up briefly in the microwave.
- This recipe is not ideal for freezing.
Have you tried this recipe?
I’d love to hear about it! Click here to leave a review and make sure to tag me @runningonrealfood if you post it on social media.
You’ll love the caramelized roasted cauliflower and red onion with sweet and tart cranberries and crunchy chickpeas and cashews in this delicious Roasted Cauliflower Salad with creamy, tangy dressing.
Roasted Cauliflower Salad
- Prepare: Preheat the oven to 425 F. Chop the cauliflower and red onion and open the can of chickpeas, drain and rinse.
- Preparation for roasting: Place the chopped cauliflower, chickpeas, and red onion in a large bowl with 1 tablespoon oil. Sprinkle curry powder, cumin, garlic powder, ginger and cinnamon on top. Season with salt and pepper, then flip to coat.
- Roasted Cauliflower, Chickpeas and Onion: Divide the mixture evenly between two baking sheets and spread in an even layer. Cook for 28-30 minutes, tossing the mixture and turning the pans halfway through, until the cauliflower is soft and the chickpeas are slightly crispy.
- Prepare dressing: While the cauliflower is roasting, add all the ingredients for the dressing to the same large bowl and stir until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- mix salad: Allow the roasted cauliflower and chickpeas to cool briefly. While still warm, add to the bowl with the dressing along with the cranberries, coriander and cashew nuts and mix well.
- surcharge: Place on a platter or individual bowls and garnish with more coriander, if desired.
Lettuce can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Enjoy leftovers cold or reheated in the microwave.
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 277
- Sugar: 16 g
- Fat: 12 g
- Carbohydrates: 39 g
- Fiber: 9 g
- Protein: 10 g
Keywords: Roasted Cauliflower Salad, Curried Cauliflower Salad