Runner beans are a welcome component in a salad because they are thick-skinned and firm, but have a creamy interior. You can make all of the ingredients in this salad ahead of time, but wait until just before serving to combine everything to keep all the ingredients crisp and fresh.
- ½ bunch of fresh coriander
- 1 to 2 jalapeño chiles, halved, stemmed and seeded
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Rancho Gordo pineapple vinegar or other mild vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups baby arugula or baby spinach
- 1 watermelon radish, halved and very thinly sliced (or other radishes of your choice, thinly sliced)
- 1 small jicama, peeled and diced
- 2 cups drained cooked Rancho Gordo Scarlet Runner beans
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
FOR THE FAIRING:
Finely chop the coriander and chili. Place in a small bowl and add lime juice, vinegar and olive oil; stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Leave while you prepare the rest of the salad.
FOR THE SALAD:
In a serving bowl, combine the vegetables, radish slices, jicama cubes, and beans. Add some dressing; throw to combine. Taste and adjust the seasonings and add more dressing if desired. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds before serving.