We shared this easy, delicious appetizer on Instagram a few weeks ago as part of the #AKSnackSeries, and it was just too good not to blog.
meet mine Smoked salmon crostini Made with 5 key ingredients and a sprinkling of fresh chives + Everything But the Bagel Seasoning. They make the perfect savory appetizer or snack that comes together in just 20 minutes. If you love a good bagel and salmon, these cute crostini will be your new favorites.
Bonus points, if you want to make a fuller meal, just add the ingredients to a thick piece of sourdough toast! Otherwise, throw these together for your next brunch or get together with friends and family and watch them disappear.
Ingredients for these Smoked Salmon Crostini
The best thing about these Smoked Salmon Crostini? It’s quick to make with super easy ingredients, so you can focus on hanging out with your people instead of putting together a tricky appetizer. Here’s what you need to make it:
- French baguette: of course the base of the crostini! You cut your baguette into 1/2-inch slices to create the base for your toppings.
- Olive oil: Don’t forget to brush your baguette slices with a little olive oil so they bake nice and golden brown.
- Cream cheese: I love using whipped chive cream cheese in this recipe because it has the perfect light texture and flavor. See below for more options!
- Salmon: I usually use Nova-Lox salmon, but you can use your favorite brand of smoked salmon.
- Red onion: for a little crunch and tangy flavor.
- For garnish: Top your crostini with Everything But the Bagel Seasoning and some chopped chives or green onions for the ultimate bite.
Customize your crostini
These Smoked Salmon Crostini are easy to customize to your taste preferences and use what you have on hand:
- Choose your cream cheese. If you can’t find chive cream cheese, just mix a few tablespoons of chopped chives into the softened cream cheese. You can also make this with vegetarian cream cheese or try a jalapeño cream cheese for a flavorful kick!
- Go dairy free. Feel free to use your favorite non-dairy cream cheese like Mykonos.
- Make it gluten free. Just swap out a regular baguette for a gluten-free bread or even gluten-free crackers.
Smoked Salmon Crostini in 3 easy steps
- bake your bread Start by brushing the sliced baguette with a little olive oil, then bake at 350 degrees F until lightly golden on the edges.
- Assemble the crostini. Make sure the baguette slices are cool, then top them in order with cream cheese, smoked salmon, sliced onions, some Everything But the Bagel seasoning, and a sprinkling of chives.
- Arrange & serve. Place the crostini on a sweet plate or platter and serve!
Turn your crostini into a meal
Looking for a heartier snack or even a delicious breakfast or lunch? Feel free to add the toppings to a thick slice of toast or a toasted bagel, just like a regular salmon bagel!
These Smoked Salmon Crostini taste best when enjoyed during the day. So if you’re only feeding a handful of people, I’d recommend just compiling only those that will be eaten.
More appetizers you’ll love
Get all of my appetizer recipes here!
I hope you love these Easy Smoked Salmon Crostini! If you make them be sure to leave a comment and rating so I know how you liked them. Have fun, xo!
Delicious Smoked Salmon Crostini made with simple ingredients for the perfect easy appetizer or snack. Take your favorite bagel and salmon and turn it into a fun, flavorful appetizer to share with friends and family! Great for brunch and ready in just 20 minutes.
French baguette, cut into 1/2 inch slices
Extra virgin olive oil
whipped chive cream cheese
Nova Salmon Salmon
red onion, very thinly sliced
Everything but the bagel seasoning
finely chopped chives or spring onions
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Arrange baguette slices on a baking sheet and brush with olive oil. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden brown around the edges, then allow to cool slightly.
Spread about a tablespoon of cream cheese on each crostini, then top with smoked salmon, a few sliced onions, a Shake Everything But the Bagel Seasoning, and a sprinkling of chives or spring onions.
Serve immediately on your favorite plate, cutting board or platter and enjoy! power 15
If you can’t find chive cream cheese, feel free to chop a few tablespoons of chives and mix them into the softened cream cheese. You can also use chopped green onions instead!
Servings: 15 servings
Serving size: 1 crostini
Saturated Fatty Acids: 3.4g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Ambitious kitchen | Photography by Eat Love Eats