This warm, comforting Cheesy Cauliflower Potato Casserole from HealthyGirl Kitchen Blogger is just what we want in a gluten-free diet. For extra cheesiness, stir in some vegan cheddar until melted to perfection.
do you want:
1 head cauliflower, cut the florets
7 Yukon Gold potatoes, cubed
1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight
¼ cup nutritional yeast
1 cup vegetable broth
½ cup unsweetened vegan milk
½ lemon, juiced
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1½ teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon pepper
½ cup breadcrumbs
Fresh parsley, to garnish
what do you do:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Bring a large pot to boil water.
- Add the cauliflower and potatoes to the boiling water and cook for 10 minutes or until tender.
- In a high-speed blender, add cashews, nutritional yeast, broth, milk, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Drain potatoes and cauliflower and add to a 9 x 13 casserole dish. Pour the cashew mixture over the top and mix until combined. Top with breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown on top. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and serve hot.