Chocolate Truffles – Creamy, chocolatey and delicious. These delicious chocolate truffles are pure delight! The creamy center is made from rich chocolate and heavy cream, mixed with vanilla extract and ground cookies for a satisfying crunch. The truffles are then thoroughly rolled through a delicious strawberry powder for a hint of fruity flavor and a pop of color. They are very good; You just won’t be able to get one.
Who doesn’t love a good chocolate truffle? I know they are quite difficult to resist. All in all, they are the perfect combination of rich, creamy and chocolatey. These delectable two-bite treats are easy to prepare, require only a few simple ingredients, and best of all, they taste fantastic!
If you’re looking for a simple vegan dessert to try, look no further than these no-bake chocolate truffles! They’re a great way to unwind after a long day or as a crowd-pleasing dessert at a party. They are so good. All you’ll have is an empty plate to take home. Get ready to impress your friends and family with your culinary skills!
Why You’ll Love This Easy Chocolate Truffles Recipe
- customizable- Mix and match chocolates, cookies and toppings to create truffles anyone will love. Have fun with it and get the kids involved. They will help and get their hands a little dirty.
- simple- The thought of making homemade truffles may sound daunting, but it’s actually so easy! No complicated culinary experience required.
- falling- The rich and creamy taste of this chocolate truffle transports you to a place of bliss with every bite.
- Perfect for gifting- Bite-sized desserts are ideal for DIY gifts. Put them in a pretty container or bag, add some pretty ribbon and give them as gifts for any holiday or occasion.
- catchy- These decadent truffles are not only delicious, but they’re also eye-catching. To show off how delicious chocolate truffles are, display them on a pretty plate or platter at parties.
Essential Equipment for Making No Bake Chocolate Truffles
- Microwave-safe bowl
- Stirring spoon
- Food processor
- Wide shallow plate
- A sheet used for baking something
- Parchment paper
- measuring cups
- measuring spoon
Ingredients for Your Vegan Chocolate Truffles
- Dairy-free heavy cream
- chopped chocolate
- Vanilla extract
- ground cookies
- Freeze-dried strawberry powder – optional
How to Make Chocolate Truffles
To make vegan no-bake chocolate truffles, start by melting the heavy cream and chocolate together in a microwave-safe bowl, then fold in the vanilla and ground cookies. After everything is coated and well combined, form the chocolate mixture into the truffles. Finally, roll the chocolate truffles in the strawberry powder and place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet before placing them in the refrigerator to set.
What to serve/pair with Vegan No-Bake Chocolate Truffles
Chocolate truffles are decadent bite-sized desserts that are delicious served alone but also great served with other bite-sized desserts.
Popular substitutions and additions
- To customize your chocolate truffles, try using different types of ground cookies. Use Oreos, shortbread cookies, graham crackers or even ginger snaps. Have fun with it and come up with your own favorite flavor combinations.
- In addition to changing the cookies, try using different types of chocolate. Dark, milk, and white chocolate have different flavors and will make amazing subs.
- Replace the strawberry powder with regular cocoa powder, vanilla powder, or any other powdered ingredient of your choice.
- To add some extra pizzazz to your truffles, add sprinkles, crushed nuts or a drizzle of chocolate.
No-bake chocolate truffles are usually stored in the refrigerator or freezer. Chocolate truffles will keep for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator and up to 6 months in the freezer as long as they are stored in an airtight container. Let the frozen truffles thaw for 10 minutes before eating, or you can eat them straight from the fridge. If you leave chocolate truffles on the counter, they will start to melt and the texture and flavor of the truffles will start to change, so I do not recommend storing them on the countertop.
Chocolate Truffles FAQs
Should I grind my cookies in the food processor?
No, you do not need to use a food processor to crush your cookies. Although this makes it easier and ensures they are finely ground, if you don’t have a food processor, you can grind them by hand or in a blender. Just make sure the pieces aren’t too big for the truffle.
What size should the truffles be?
Typically, truffles are about 2 tablespoons in size. A cookie scoop makes a wonderful truffle scoop! If you don’t have a cookie scoop, a regular kitchen spoon will also do the trick.
What kind of chocolate should I use?
There are no restrictions in this recipe, so you can use any vegan chocolate you like in this recipe. Chocolate chips are also acceptable. Whatever chocolate you choose, make sure it’s of high quality to ensure it melts properly.
Can I serve vegan chocolate truffles at room temperature?
No, chocolate truffles are best served cold. As the chocolate begins to heat and melt, the truffles will lose their rich, creamy texture.
Would coconut cream work in place of heavy cream in this recipe?
Yes! Coconut cream is a great alternative to heavy cream. The coconut cream will add a hint of coconut flavor and the texture of the truffle will still be creamy.
Vegan Chocolate Truffles
Easy Homemade Vegan Chocolate Truffles! These no-bake truffles are made with decadent chocolate, cookies, and a fine strawberry dusting. Perfect for snacking!
- ⅔ the cup Dairy-free heavy cream
- 6 oz chopped chocolate
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 8 oz ground cookies
- ¼ the cup Freeze-dried strawberry powder Optionally, you can try other flavors as well.
Calories: 1kcalSugars: 0.04gSodium: 0.03mgPotassium: 0.5mgSugar: 0.04gCalcium: 0.04mg