Are you looking for a delicious, vegetarian, and gluten-free breakfast treat? Look no further than this recipe for vegan gluten-free cinnamon rolls!
These gluten-free vegan cinnamon rolls are the perfect sweet treat for those with gluten allergies or sensitivities.
If you’re like me, you love fluffy cinnamon rolls. These vegan cinnamon rolls and these vegan apple cinnamon rolls are perfect examples!
Can you make them gluten-free? Yes! This recipe makes rolls that are soft, fluffy, and filled with cinnamon-sugar goodness. Plus, the icing on top adds just the right amount of sweetness. Give this recipe a try and see for yourself!
the main ingredient
Here are the ingredients you will need for this recipe:
- Egg substitute — You can use a flax egg or a chia egg for this recipe.
- i am milk – You can substitute any plant-based milk.
- butter You will need vegan butter for the dough and icing.
- Vinegar – You can use apple cider vinegar or white vinegar instead.
- flour — I recommend using gluten-free flour made for 1:1 baking.
- Almond flour – Make your rolls extra soft by adding almond flour.
- sugar – You will need both granulated sugar and brown sugar.
- yeast — We will use a packet of instant yeast.
- Baking powder – Add baking powder to make your cinnamon rolls light and fluffy.
- salt – A little salt enhances the taste.
- cinnamon — We will add cinnamon to the filling.
- the icing — If you’re making the icing (I highly recommend), you’ll need these additional ingredients: powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and vegan cream cheese.
Why this recipe is a winner
- delicious — Cinnamon-infused filling creates soft and tender rolls you’ll love!
- the best — You want the best gluten-free vegan cinnamon rolls and this recipe delivers!
- beloved — Everyone loves these delicious buns, whether they’re on a gluten-free diet or not!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best gluten-free flour for baking?
Baking with gluten-free flour requires combining different types of flour and starch, or you can buy pre-mixed gluten-free flour designed for baking. I recommend Bob’s Red Mill 1:1 Gluten-Free Flour or King Arthur’s Gluten-Free Baking Mix.
Can you make gluten-free cinnamon rolls vegan?
Yes, you can make your gluten-free cinnamon rolls vegan! Use plant-based milk and substitute a flax egg or a chia egg.
Imagine serving these delicious vegan and gluten-free cinnamon rolls for brunch. Here are some delicious sides you can serve with them:
Store cinnamon rolls in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the refrigerator for up to 7 days. They can be frozen for up to 2 months. Reheat them in the microwave or toaster oven until warm before serving.
Vegan gluten-free dessert
If you like these vegan gluten-free cinnamon rolls, you might also enjoy these sweet potato cinnamon rolls. But if you prefer strictly gluten-free recipes, here are more favorites to try:
Prevent your screen from going dark
Mix the flax eggs and keep aside.
Combine milk and butter in a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 1 minute. Set it aside for a few minutes. Then stir in the egg and vinegar. The mixture should be between 105°F/40°C and 108°F/42°C (the same temperature as your finger if you dipped it in the liquid).
In a large bowl, add the flour, sugar, yeast, baking powder and salt. Stir to combine. Pour this milk mixture into the flour mixture and stir together until a soft dough is formed. Set aside.
Rolling the Dough:
When the dough is ready, cover the work area with a sheet of plastic wrap. Place dough on top of plastic wrap and cover with another sheet. Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough to about 11×15 inches. It helps if you pull the top layer of plastic wrap off the dough and cover it again with the same sheet. It also helps to have an anti-slip pad to keep the dough from slipping while you roll it.
For the icing:
While the rolls are baking, prepare the icing. In a medium bowl, cream the butter and vegan cream cheese together until fluffy. Add the vanilla, then beat in the powdered sugar until creamy. Stir in the soy milk one tablespoon at a time to get a spreadable consistency.
Once the rolls have cooled slightly, remove from the oven and immediately add the frosting. Serve hot.
Store cinnamon rolls in a sealed container at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the refrigerator for up to 7 days. They can be frozen for up to 2 months. To serve, cook in microwave until heated through.
(The products above contain sponsored links to products we use and recommend)
For Overnight Vegan Cinnamon Rolls
- Place the rolls in the prepared pan and let rise until doubled in size.
- Then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, remove the pan from the oven and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oven and bake the rolls as directed.
Calories: 276kcal | Sugars: 46g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 178mg | Potassium: 69mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 449IU | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 1mg
The nutritional information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator and should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist consultation.