Get ready to refresh with this delicious watermelon banana smoothie! This easy smoothie recipe takes minutes to make and is the perfect post-workout treat. Add protein powder for extra nutrition and enjoy this naturally sweet watermelon smoothie today!
We love smoothies around here. Take our super healthy green smoothies, for example. It is packed to the brim with nutrients! We also have Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Smoothies. This is a great way to add more plant-based protein to your diet.
What’s so special about this one? Well, you can make this cool watermelon banana smoothie recipe in 5 minutes. With only 5 ingredients and no added sugar, this smoothie is easy to make. I love that it satisfies my sweet tooth too!
What is a smoothie?
What is all this talk about smoothies? They are basically blended, frozen drinks that can be made with fruits, greens and other healthy ingredients.
This recipe is a fruit smoothie, but you can add some fresh spinach to give it a green kick!
Watermelon Smoothie Ingredients
Here are the ingredients you will need for this recipe:
- watermelon – Once you cut up a watermelon, a smoothie is a great way to use up the rest of it!
- banana – All you need for this smoothie recipe is a ripe banana.
- Raspberry — Here, frozen raspberries add color and create the slushie, smoothie texture we’re looking for.
- the ice — Adding crushed ice is another way to create that thick smoothie texture. If you don’t have crushed ice, add regular ice to your blender and let it sit for a few minutes to start melting. Then begin to pulse slowly to give your blender time to crush the ice.
- optional — I like to add vanilla protein powder to this smoothie.
How to Make Watermelon Banana Smoothie
- Puree the watermelon and banana in a blender until smooth
- Add frozen berries and crushed ice.
- Pulse again until smooth.
Why this recipe is a winner
- thrifty – This is a great way to use up leftover watermelon!
- simple — Made with just 4 ingredients and 5 minutes, this smoothie is easy and delicious!
- refreshing — Watermelon is so refreshing and revitalizing!
Is a watermelon and banana smoothie healthy?
Watermelon is a low-calorie source of vitamins A and C, magnesium and potassium. Bananas are a great source of potassium, fiber and vitamin B6. Combining these two in a smoothie makes for a healthy addition to your day.
Variety of flavors
You can change the flavor of your watermelon banana smoothie with the following add-ins:
- Add fresh or frozen berries, such as blueberries.
- A little matcha powder can add some zing. Check out this strawberry matcha smoothie as a guide.
- I love combing fresh mint leaves with watermelon. This watermelon slushie is a great example.
- Do you like mango? Adding some frozen mango can blend the flavors nicely!
- Add fresh spinach or kale to give this drink a green boost. Green smoothies are not only healthy but delicious, too!
Smoothies are best served fresh. However, you can keep it covered in the fridge for up to 2 or 3 days. They can be frozen for up to 2 months.
If you like this watermelon banana smoothie recipe, here are more smoothie favorites to try:
Watermelon Banana Smoothies are so easy to make! Enjoy this refreshing drink and get a nutritious dose of fruit at the same time.
This smoothie contains antioxidants, minerals, and vitamins, so it’s a great way to stay healthy while enjoying a delicious and satisfying meal. Enjoy!
Prevent your screen from going dark
Add watermelon and banana to a blender. Pulse until smooth.
Add frozen raspberries and ice. Blending on low, he gradually increased the speed. Blend until smooth.
Take a taste test. If you want it sweeter, add some stevia or maple syrup.
Pour the smoothie into a glass and enjoy!
You can refrigerate any leftover slushies. Remove from the freezer and let sit at room temperature until it softens to a slushie consistency.
(The products above contain sponsored links to products we use and recommend)
- Add a scoop of protein powder to the smoothie to give it an extra boost of protein.
- Throw in a handful of spinach for a nutritional boost and light green color.
- A tablespoon of maple syrup can be added for a touch of sweetness.
Calories: 199kcal | Sugars: 46g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 0.2g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated fats: 1g | Sodium: 178mg | Potassium: 683mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 27g | Vitamin A: 960IU | Vitamin C: 38mg | Calcium: 189mg | Iron: 1mg
The nutritional information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator and should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist consultation.